UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Penn

You don't really have a clue.....

Timmy at the PG? 176 TOs in 69 career games give me a break. Can you really see Timmy defending the 1?

Billy Allen SG? He isn't quick enough and can't guard a 2. He hasn't proven he can score and definitely can't penetrate from the wing. Billy so far at UA has shot.259 (21/81) from the floor and .224 (13/58) from 3. Billy would be better off defensively and offensively at the 4 - especially in AE play.

I meant Aronhalt since Barrazza is out. Tim can handle the point and he may turn it over, just like Johnson will but he will at least be able to score 15 a game from the point which Johnson can't do. So you'd be putting more points up with Ambrose at the PG position.

I think they've had Timmy run the point in previous seasons and it was a disaster. He is too wild with the ball and that 176 TOs in 69 games tells me all I need to know about that.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't really have a clue.....

Timmy at the PG? 176 TOs in 69 career games give me a break. Can you really see Timmy defending the 1?

Billy Allen SG? He isn't quick enough and can't guard a 2. He hasn't proven he can score and definitely can't penetrate from the wing. Billy so far at UA has shot.259 (21/81) from the floor and .224 (13/58) from 3. Billy would be better off defensively and offensively at the 4 - especially in AE play.

I meant Aronhalt since Barrazza is out. Tim can handle the point and he may turn it over, just like Johnson will but he will at least be able to score 15 a game from the point which Johnson can't do. So you'd be putting more points up with Ambrose at the PG position.

I think they've had Timmy run the point in previous seasons and it was a disaster. He is too wild with the ball and that 176 TOs in 69 games tells me all I need to know about that.

IMO you have to take the good with the bad, more points from all 5 spots on the floor is the best way for UA to start winning. Ambrose is a crafty veteran now and he would be able to protect the ball better.

No more Billy Allen....come on, enough already. Great ambassador for the school, great student, I'm sure a great kid but for a player that's supposed to be a shooter, he can't hit water falling out of a boat. Not NEARLY athletic enough to stay in front of anyone.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

Tartt, Black, Metcalf and Urli off the bench. Lindfors hasn't shown why he should play...flouts around the perimeter chucking shots. 28% from the field 21% from three...not good enough. Make him earn his minutes in practice.

Barazza is out for the season, looks like Glanton and Watts are being redshirted. Giff and Allen should be role players and only come in for mop-up duty.

No more Billy Allen....come on, enough already. Great ambassador for the school, great student, I'm sure a great kid but for a player that's supposed to be a shooter, he can't hit water falling out of a boat. Not NEARLY athletic enough to stay in front of anyone.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

Tartt, Black, Metcalf and Urli off the bench. Lindfors hasn't shown why he should play...flouts around the perimeter chucking shots. 28% from the field 21% from three...not good enough. Make him earn his minutes in practice.

Barazza is out for the season, looks like Glanton and Watts are being redshirted. Giff and Allen should be role players and only come in for mop-up duty.

According to the most recent blog post, Billy will play MORE. I agree with you though. He really hasn't shown anything in his time on the floor for UA so far. Looks like Will is going to give him a shot though. I'd like to see a lot more of Aronhalt and Metcalf over the next few fames to see if they can improve before conference play and get more experience.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

According to the most recent blog post, Billy will play MORE. I agree with you though. He really hasn't shown anything in his time on the floor for UA so far. Looks like Will is going to give him a shot though. I'd like to see a lot more of Aronhalt and Metcalf over the next few fames to see if they can improve before conference play and get more experience.

I know..I read the same TU blog entry and shuttered....oh boy!

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

Allen did have a huge game last year against Siena knocking down some clutch threes to pull the Great Danes close. Stop with the Harris at the 4 spot, he's 6'5, and likes to play outside, not bang around inside. He's not going to change that. When will you super fans realize that? He likes to shoot the 3 ball not play back to the basket basketball. Harris needs to stay at the 3, put Urli at 4 and Lindfors at 5. Jake will get more points than Giff and more rebounds. McRae and Metcalf can come in for Urli and Lindfors. That would be a great 4 man rotation in the front court and the best guys UA could put on the floor.

yikes... i guess practice really means everything. he went from getting the least min among the players that play to getting even more playing time. he definitely hasnt showed anything this year. lets hope we're wrong and he hits a few threes tonight.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

Allen did have a huge game last year against Siena knocking down some clutch threes to pull the Great Danes close. Stop with the Harris at the 4 spot, he's 6'5, and likes to play outside, not bang around inside. He's not going to change that. When will you super fans realize that? He likes to shoot the 3 ball not play back to the basket basketball. Harris needs to stay at the 3, put Urli at 4 and Lindfors at 5. Jake will get more points than Giff and more rebounds. McRae and Metcalf can come in for Urli and Lindfors. That would be a great 4 man rotation in the front court and the best guys UA could put on the floor.

I don't know what you've been watching....in the UCF game, Harris did all of his damage inside. He's much more effective when he isn't floating around the perimeter launching three pointers. GET HIM DOWN ON THE BLOCK ASAP!

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

I don't know what you've been watching....in the UCF game, Harris did all of his damage inside. He's much more effective when he isn't floating around the perimeter launching three pointers. GET HIM DOWN ON THE BLOCK ASAP!

Ive said this before to, I'm not sure if harris likes the contact down low. During the siena game he hung aroound the perimeter 90% of the time he was on the floor. He also has very bad hands. Doesnt it seem like he fumbles the ball way to much on rebounds. He did that this past weekend and i remember on the final possesion of the ucf game he had a rebound under the hoop for a put back but lost it out of bounds luckily enough it went off ucf.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

I had a good game once in high school against a really good team but I actually was terrible at basketball although I played.

As for what Harris WANTS, I really don't care. What matters is what's best for the team and I think it's to have him down low.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

I had a good game once in high school against a really good team but I actually was terrible at basketball although I played.

As for what Harris WANTS, I really don't care. What matters is what's best for the team and I think it's to have him down low.

Agreed.....What he WANTS should be secondary to what the team needs. He is a big strong guy that finishes fairly strong around the rim. Get him to work 15' and in and you'll see results. He's like a ghost when he runs around on the perimeter.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

Agreed.....What he WANTS should be secondary to what the team needs. He is a big strong guy that finishes fairly strong around the rim. Get him to work 15' and in and you'll see results. He's like a ghost when he runs around on the perimeter.

I Agree, Does anyone know what he has played in the past for UVA?

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

He has no low post game, it's not what he wants vs the team needs, it's what he will be most effective at to help the team. Having him at 6'5 play power forward against 6'8-6'10 guys with no post moves isn't the best. Get him slashing to the rim from the baseline, work him out on the wing for 3. Don't try to post him up with the big trees down low he's going to struggle like he has over the past 2 years when Brown plays him like that.

Go...

Johnson

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Harris

McRae

I Agree, Does anyone know what he has played in the past for UVA?

He was listed as a F/G...SF at best. He's not going to be a post player, get over it.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=1133217

He has no low post game, it's not what he wants vs the team needs, it's what he will be most effective at to help the team. Having him at 6'5 play power forward against 6'8-6'10 guys with no post moves isn't the best. Get him slashing to the rim from the baseline, work him out on the wing for 3. Don't try to post him up with the big trees down low he's going to struggle like he has over the past 2 years when Brown plays him like that.

I might be wrong but isn't what he's been doing exactly what you want him to do? Play the 3 and stay away from the basket? The plan was to get him more work down low but that hasn't happened much as of yet which is why these changes are coming with a smaller lineup and Harris possilby playing more down low.

Archived