UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Penn

Just because Will Harris is going to play the 4 doesnt mean he can now only play with his back to the basket. Moving him to the 4 gives us a guy there that can score the ball. Hell still be able to leak out for the occasional three pointer but hopefully this will get him the ball in position to attack the basket. From what ive seen with him at the 3 he hasnt been able to take anyone off the dribble and just gets stuck on the perimeter shooting threes. Hes at his best when he attacks the rim, and moving him to the 4 puts him closer to the basket with a slower defender on him in a better position to make something happen. Yes he will be undersized at the 4 but he easily makes up for that with his touch and athleticism.

I agree....I'm not equating him to Franklin on Siena...but Franklin isn't a prototypical 4 man either. He's roughly about as big as Harris. Harris isn't a slouch in the athleticism dept. what he lacks in height, he can make up with his speed, strength and athleticism against taller but slower 4's.

The difference with Franklin is he plays as a post player. Harris never has, Franklin can take on bigger guys on the block and be successful while Harris will struggle because he doesn't have the post presence, at least that I've seen over the past 2 seasons. He's more of a G/SF than a Power Forward. Just cause he's big a bulky doesn't make him effective on the block.

Will Browns talking about using the motion offense most likely with 4 on the outside and 1 in and maybe even with 5 on the outside. His decision to move Will Harris to the 4 doesnt get him stuck on the block. Its a move to get another ball handler/shooter on the floor instead of having only 4 people out there on offense now well have 5(giffords dead wood). Harris is most effective when he attacks the basket, and at the 4 hell have a better shot of doing that, because hell get more touches inside the arc instead of behind it where he seems to be only one dimensional. Hes a versatile player, and we need to get more production out of him, and i think this move should help that.

Touche Scooby, I was thinking Will at the 4 in CB's set ineffective plays, but in a motion offense he may be able to create some more havoc. Hopefully the motion offense works out, I think it will and it's about time. UA has the players more suited for a motion offense and run and gun style (Minus Giff) and they should be able to put more points up using it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears CollegeSportsDirect will carry the game. This outfit appears to be somehow affiliated with JumpTV.

Apparently the feed is estimated to come online at 6:45pm

bosiy, does the link go up at 6:45 and is it a free feed? I never used collegesportsdirect before.

From what I can gather...yes!

I can't figure out how to create an account. I went to the FAQ and it says they need your credit card to create an account but still coulnd't find a link to register.

I don't know a ton about basketball but I do know that what I saw on Saturday appeared to be a team trying to break out but hindered by a rigid set of plays.

Maybe this change will help.

When all else fails - just let 'em play!

It appears CollegeSportsDirect will carry the game. This outfit appears to be somehow affiliated with JumpTV.

Apparently the feed is estimated to come online at 6:45pm

bosiy, does the link go up at 6:45 and is it a free feed? I never used collegesportsdirect before.

From what I can gather...yes!

I can't figure out how to create an account. I went to the FAQ and it says they need your credit card to create an account but still coulnd't find a link to register.

I'm starting to think this isn't a free feed.....maybe just a collection of feeds from schools using jump.

I don't know a ton about basketball but I do know that what I saw on Saturday appeared to be a team trying to break out but hindered by a rigid set of plays.

well well well...now Mr. Playbook himself now admits the play calling and sets were horrible..

well well well...now Mr. Playbook himself now admits the play calling and sets were horrible..

??????

Archived