UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Penn

I may get laughed off this blog, but im my "opinion" I like the thought of giving Billy Allen more playing time. While not quick enough to cover a very good point guard, he plays good defense overall (2-4). He is strong and long, rebounds the hell out of the ball and takes a charge and does not foul a lot. Ok here it comes--offensively he has not produced, but I think he only lacks confidence. A good shooting game or two is what he needs and I see him becoming a stat packer (aka Lyllis). He is a smart headie player that does a lot of things well. At the end of the Siena game he took a pass in flow and drained a 3. In Brown's slow down look for a good shot offense, billy obviously did not produce, but with the new predicted more fast and open offense, I think he is more suited.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has no low post game, it's not what he wants vs the team needs, it's what he will be most effective at to help the team. Having him at 6'5 play power forward against 6'8-6'10 guys with no post moves isn't the best. Get him slashing to the rim from the baseline, work him out on the wing for 3. Don't try to post him up with the big trees down low he's going to struggle like he has over the past 2 years when Brown plays him like that.

I might be wrong but isn't what he's been doing exactly what you want him to do? Play the 3 and stay away from the basket? The plan was to get him more work down low but that hasn't happened much as of yet which is why these changes are coming with a smaller lineup and Harris possilby playing more down low.

Yes, I'm saying keep him on the outside and slashing to the bucket, others want him to play strictly on the block which is a bad ineffective idea.

I may get laughed off this blog, but im my "opinion" I like the thought of giving Billy Allen more playing time. While not quick enough to cover a very good point guard, he plays good defense overall (2-4). He is strong and long, rebounds the hell out of the ball and takes a charge and does not foul a lot. Ok here it comes--offensively he has not produced, but I think he only lacks confidence. A good shooting game or two is what he needs and I see him becoming a stat packer (aka Lyllis). He is a smart headie player that does a lot of things well. At the end of the Siena game he took a pass in flow and drained a 3. In Brown's slow down look for a good shot offense, billy obviously did not produce, but with the new predicted more fast and open offense, I think he is more suited.

I don't see why you'd get laughed off...I hope you're correct.

Well, we will get a chance to see. I really hope he can be anything close to Lillis.

He has no low post game, it's not what he wants vs the team needs, it's what he will be most effective at to help the team. Having him at 6'5 play power forward against 6'8-6'10 guys with no post moves isn't the best. Get him slashing to the rim from the baseline, work him out on the wing for 3. Don't try to post him up with the big trees down low he's going to struggle like he has over the past 2 years when Brown plays him like that.

I might be wrong but isn't what he's been doing exactly what you want him to do? Play the 3 and stay away from the basket? The plan was to get him more work down low but that hasn't happened much as of yet which is why these changes are coming with a smaller lineup and Harris possilby playing more down low.

Yes, I'm saying keep him on the outside and slashing to the bucket, others want him to play strictly on the block which is a bad ineffective idea.

I'm confused. In your previous post you stated:

"Don't try to post him up with the big trees down low he's going to struggle like he has over the past 2 years when Brown plays him like that."

Now you state:

"Yes, I'm saying keep him on the outside and slashing to the bucket, others want him to play strictly on the block which is a bad ineffective idea."

So, he has struggled the past two years playing away from the basket so you think he should continue to play away from the basket?? He will never play strictly on the block but it can't hurt to try it for a few games and see where it gets us. He has not excelled playing the perimeter.

Just because Will Harris is going to play the 4 doesnt mean he can now only play with his back to the basket. Moving him to the 4 gives us a guy there that can score the ball. Hell still be able to leak out for the occasional three pointer but hopefully this will get him the ball in position to attack the basket. From what ive seen with him at the 3 he hasnt been able to take anyone off the dribble and just gets stuck on the perimeter shooting threes. Hes at his best when he attacks the rim, and moving him to the 4 puts him closer to the basket with a slower defender on him in a better position to make something happen. Yes he will be undersized at the 4 but he easily makes up for that with his touch and athleticism.

Just because Will Harris is going to play the 4 doesnt mean he can now only play with his back to the basket. Moving him to the 4 gives us a guy there that can score the ball. Hell still be able to leak out for the occasional three pointer but hopefully this will get him the ball in position to attack the basket. From what ive seen with him at the 3 he hasnt been able to take anyone off the dribble and just gets stuck on the perimeter shooting threes. Hes at his best when he attacks the rim, and moving him to the 4 puts him closer to the basket with a slower defender on him in a better position to make something happen. Yes he will be undersized at the 4 but he easily makes up for that with his touch and athleticism.

I agree....I'm not equating him to Franklin on Siena...but Franklin isn't a prototypical 4 man either. He's roughly about as big as Harris. Harris isn't a slouch in the athleticism dept. what he lacks in height, he can make up with his speed, strength and athleticism against taller but slower 4's.

Anyone know if tonight's game will be online anywhere? It's not listed on channelsurfing.

I emailed channelsurfing.net before. UPenn uses jump.tv as well so I'd assume they would have it, lets just hope its not like fau. Usually the games are posted up at game time.

Anyone know if tonight's game will be online anywhere? It's not listed on channelsurfing.

I emailed channelsurfing.net before. UPenn uses jump.tv as well so I'd assume they would have it, lets just hope its not like fau. Usually the games are posted up at game time.

Thank you....I'll wait to purchase. I bought the FAU game and have been fighting with them to refund the money since the feed never came on. Finally this morning they credited my account.

I agree....I'm not equating him to Franklin on Siena...but Franklin isn't a prototypical 4 man either. He's roughly about as big as Harris. Harris isn't a slouch in the athleticism dept. what he lacks in height, he can make up with his speed, strength and athleticism against taller but slower 4's.

The difference with Franklin is he plays as a post player. Harris never has, Franklin can take on bigger guys on the block and be successful while Harris will struggle because he doesn't have the post presence, at least that I've seen over the past 2 seasons. He's more of a G/SF than a Power Forward. Just cause he's big a bulky doesn't make him effective on the block.

The difference with Franklin is he plays as a post player. Harris never has, Franklin can take on bigger guys on the block and be successful while Harris will struggle because he doesn't have the post presence, at least that I've seen over the past 2 seasons. He's more of a G/SF than a Power Forward. Just cause he's big a bulky doesn't make him effective on the block.

Will Browns talking about using the motion offense most likely with 4 on the outside and 1 in and maybe even with 5 on the outside. His decision to move Will Harris to the 4 doesnt get him stuck on the block. Its a move to get another ball handler/shooter on the floor instead of having only 4 people out there on offense now well have 5(giffords dead wood). Harris is most effective when he attacks the basket, and at the 4 hell have a better shot of doing that, because hell get more touches inside the arc instead of behind it where he seems to be only one dimensional. Hes a versatile player, and we need to get more production out of him, and i think this move should help that.

Archived