UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium and 2010 OCC schedule

I've been thinking about that for a while now, how construction costs must have been bottoming out over the past year.

You said that right..... time to get er done.

The way its playing out, which departments in the 'suny' world will need to be involved, in terms of construction/planning/financing, if any? My prayer is that they will have NOTHING to do with it, from beginning to end.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about that for a while now, how construction costs must have been bottoming out over the past year.

You said that right..... time to get er done.

The way its playing out, which departments in the 'suny' world will need to be involved, in terms of construction/planning/financing, if any? My prayer is that they will have NOTHING to do with it, from beginning to end.

That is the ideal situation, but I don't believe that is possible.

I think the bids need to go through the SUNY construction arm regardless of where the funding comes from (even private funding).

Someone with better understanding of the beurocratic nightmare that is the bid process can better explain the details.

If NY is similar to any other State, the agency has to abide by certain regs and contract clauses. Without knowing the funding of this potential project, I have to think that at the very least the Contractors (other than the bleacher people) are probaby already aware of contract terms that must be included. If the money is given in a way that the school can use it any way shape or form (Operational Expenditure)...it takes the agency (SUNY) out of the equation.

So for example, the project I am negotiating in UTAH comes out of the Operational Expenditures....which simply means our team is negotiating with the Agency who will benefit...while we simply include DOT and FTA clauses as required because the money originated from Federal funds. However, if we had done this project as Capital Expense...it would be a nightmare.

If in our case, it is out of Operational Monies...the school can negotiate straight away with the contractors. If it is out of Capital...hello SUNY red-tape.

Hopefully it is out of the Operational Monies (though it should be noted that because of the freedom affiliated with the funds) are much harder to come by.

• 2 weeks later...

So around 1PM I decided to move my car from the Corning Preserve Boat Launch to my agency's parking garage. Right before I get into my car I spot Bob Ford and his wife.

We exchanged a couple of pleasantries (he was out for a walk near the river while the snow was falling), and the remainder of the interaction was something like this:

Me: "So, how's that football stadium coming along."

Them: A couple of light chuckles.

Me: "I heard an announcement might be coming in a couple of months."

BF: "We'll see."

Not much substance, but kind of a funny story while moving my car.

So around 1PM I decided to move my car from the Corning Preserve Boat Launch to my agency's parking garage. Right before I get into my car I spot Bob Ford and his wife.

We exchanged a couple of pleasantries (he was out for a walk near the river while the snow was falling), and the remainder of the interaction was something like this:

Me: "So, how's that football stadium coming along."

Them: A couple of light chuckles.

Me: "I heard an announcement might be coming in a couple of months."

BF: "We'll see."

Not much substance, but kind of a funny story while moving my car.

not too encouraging, eh ?

Archived