UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium and 2010 OCC schedule

Speaking with some football player at the bball game , they stated that they were told during the week that constuction of the first phase of stadium IS going to start in spring . It is being built at the practice field location in phases starting with a turf field and 7000 seats . Next years occ schedule ,Sephan F Austin , Maine and Yale

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking with some football player at the bball game , they stated that they were told during the week that constuction of the first phase of stadium IS going to start in spring . It is being built at the practice field location in phases starting with a turf field and 7000 seats . Next years occ schedule ,Sephan F Austin , Maine and Yale

????? Being built at the practice field?

Yes that is what i was told by the players . They seemed to have been given a preety detailed explanation. It sounds like it will eventually be expanded in phases. To mee this sounds like good news as building the stadium in a new location can be done much faste than retro fitting the current stadium . The players also said the cinci game was moved back a year because they couldn't get out of the colgate game . I would hope this becomes public news soon so we can get the public excited

Yes that is what i was told by the players . They seemed to have been given a preety detailed explanation. It sounds like it will eventually be expanded in phases. To mee this sounds like good news as building the stadium in a new location can be done much faste than retro fitting the current stadium . The players also said the cinci game was moved back a year because they couldn't get out of the colgate game . I would hope this becomes public news soon so we can get the public excited

WOW...I'm a bit flabbergasted that they will be building an entirely new facility. I think most of us have been under the impression that they would be simply renovating the existing UField....if true this is a significant development.

Can't wait to hear from the Athletic Dept...if they are telling players we must be getting close to some kind of announcement. Especially if the players got some detailed info.

WOW...I'm a bit flabbergasted that they will be building an entirely new facility. I think most of us have been under the impression that they would be simply renovating the existing UField....if true this is a significant development.

Can't wait to hear from the Athletic Dept...if they are telling players we must be getting close to some kind of announcement. Especially if the players got some detailed info.

One would have to wonder if something else is driving this assuming its correct . Has anybody heard any updates on the Giants ? Could it be a move to CAA or the start of another conference . It just seems to be coming up fast.

One would have to wonder if something else is driving this assuming its correct . Has anybody heard any updates on the Giants ? Could it be a move to CAA or the start of another conference . It just seems to be coming up fast.

Fast? LOL, not the word I'd use to describe it...we've been begging for something for years.....man, I really hope what you were told is true. There seems to be a lot going on in the FCS arena right now.

Fast? LOL, not the word I'd use to describe it...we've been begging for something for years.....man, I really hope what you were told is true. There seems to be a lot going on in the FCS arena right now.

Exactly. We've waited forever. I remember walking around UAlbany back in '93 and wondering where the football stadium was. It can't possibly be that field in front of the PE building? Shockingly, it was. For nearly 20 years I've waited for Albany to catch up to every other freaking state university in the country.

It gets me thinking that maybe the Giants are a factor. Realize that there is a possibility the Giants can be out of town soon. If you can upgrade facilities, including a "stadium", which can sit 7,000...that same facility can be used for when the Giants come in for pre-season. You have to upgrade if you want to Giants stay, that is the key.

Like some have said, we can speculate all we want. We have to first see if this info is true and hopefully we here something from the university or AD very soon on the issue.

Sit tight until after the Holidays fellas. Good news will come and we will rejoice.

I really don't know the details, as the school is holding their cards close to the chest. And I agree with their motivation to do so on this one.

Sit tight until after the Holidays fellas. Good news will come and we will rejoice.

I really don't know the details, as the school is holding their cards close to the chest. And I agree with their motivation to do so on this one.

I REALLY hope what I'm reading on this thread is true. And I hope if it is true, it isn't done half-ass. Do it right

I REALLY hope what I'm reading on this thread is true. And I hope if it is true, it isn't done half-ass. Do it right

as far as a new stadium goes I understand that it will be done in stages. Turf field , seating and scoreboard this year and expantions yearly . I really believe something big is in the works , I think there is more to moving the Cinci game BACK A YEAR than Colgate. With the money from Cinccy we could buy out the Colgate game . We are I believe in a great position for a big move with the current changes in the FCS . I really think because of the economy regionlized alighnments will be important . Coach Ford only has time for one more move and he seems to be pushing for it . We had pretty solid attendance this year given the facility That can and will only go up with a new stadium . Best case would be New Stadium , CAA with 63 rides

Now, are you saying we're moving the Cincy game to 2012?

By putting the stadium on the practice field, we're not rebuilding the parking lot at the same time.

Looks like a tight fit, is there room for a north-south field between the soccer field and perimeter road, or will we either place it a little east and take up some of the soccer practice field, or run the stadium east-west again?

danefan, time for a revised overlay!

Actually this isn't that different from the position in the Project 2010 plan, but obviously we won't be able to connect directly to the SEFCU arena.

Archived