UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Speaking of stadium - anybody heard anything else?

No, but that reminds me that the public hearing for the Draft General Environmental Impact Statement is January 14 in the Hall of Fame Room at 7:00. Comments accepted until Jan. 22.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of stadium - anybody heard anything else?

No, but that reminds me that the public hearing for the Draft General Environmental Impact Statement is January 14 in the Hall of Fame Room at 7:00. Comments accepted until Jan. 22.

Any chance you'll be attending 72?

Update on Dillon Romain:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/936011.html

Albany, Missouri State, Portland State and Monmouth have all offered Romain and have been working hard to get him, but it doesn’t sound like any of those options are the route that he wants to go, so it looks like it will come down to Montana, Rutgers and Tulane.

Tulane is a program that sent two coaches to Blair Academy to meet with Romain, have him very high on their list at both running back and safety, however they are waiting on players right above him to make their college decision which could leave the Green Wave behind.

Rutgers offered Romain a preferred walk-on last season which he did not accept and according to multiple sources close to Scout.com, they have come back with the same offer again this week. The Scarlet Knights could really use a true tailback, however they must be tight on scholarships as they have not put out a written offer.

FCS powerhouse Montana just lost to Villanova in the National Championship game and has come in late and come in strong for his services as they need a running back for next season and have him targeted for the spot. Romain visited the school and loved it there, however a day earlier their head coach Bobby Hauck just took his staff and went to UNLV to take over the program. Montana’s running backs coach and others in the program have told Romain he’ll be offered when a new head coach is named, however one has not been retained yet.

Romain has remained quiet about his recruiting and Scout.com has not spoken with him recently, however we’ve been told that his decision could come soon. If Montana names a head coach, it sounds like he’ll be a Grizzly, but for now he remains uncommitted and Rutgers could be in the picture as well

So I had a little email convo with the guy who wrote the above article.

He confirmed that Romain has committed to Albany. Apparently the kid's father called the author after the article was published and confirmed it.

Huge get for us.

EDIT: I should say - its a huge get for us, assuming of course his "verbal" is actually good through signing day. Kids change their minds all the time, that's for sure. If Tulane or Montana come through with an offer, I can't imagine he'd turn either down to come to Albany.

When's signing day?

February 3rd is National Signing Day.

The signing period runs until April 1st.

i think he is a pretty solid verbal . I spoke to the player that hosted him just before break and he told me he loved Albany and was definetly coming . Lets hope he sticks with his desision

All I am saying is this (understanding it would be hard to turn Montana down)-- It is a long way to go from NJ if A) you are not guaranteed to start...and B) on the cusp of potential NFL status.

Gotta figure that he likely will be 5 and done...and to not have Mom and Dad get to see your games is a mistake IMHO.

Archived