UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All I am saying is this (understanding it would be hard to turn Montana down)-- It is a long way to go from NJ if A) you are not guaranteed to start...and B) on the cusp of potential NFL status.

Gotta figure that he likely will be 5 and done...and to not have Mom and Dad get to see your games is a mistake IMHO.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think he's going to end up at Tulane, but we'll see.

Montana is as good an experience as any MAC, Sunbelt or even some WAC teams, but 3,000 miles is a long long way away.

But from what I understand, he put himself in front of the Montana, they didn't come looking for him.

I'm just excited that we're actually in a conversation with these teams for recruits. And even more excited that we're in a conversation for the NJ POY.

Montana is as good an experience as any MAC, Sunbelt or even some WAC teams, but 3,000 miles is a long long way away.

But from what I understand, he put himself in front of the Montana, they didn't come looking for him.

I'm just excited that we're actually in a conversation with these teams for recruits. And even more excited that we're in a conversation for the NJ POY.

What a small world .I was in the Ft Lauderdale airport this morning and see a kid waiting for a flight to Charlotte to Albany with an Albany football hoodie on . Noy being able to help myself I asked him if he went to UAlbany not to let him on that I have talked to him at bball games . My first question was about Dillon as he was his host, He claims he is commited and has talked to him in the last week. But on Anygivensaturday they are sure that he is going to Montana. Lets just hope these kids keep there commitments I think he could be a good player in the future.. Lets get football talk going Springs is coming

Lets get football talk going Springs is coming

I love it...! Here we are into January and we are talking football and recruits. I gotta say fm....I find your posts very informative and fun to read. You are a great addition to this board!

The Buffalo News released their All-WNY team. One UAlbany prospect:

Dillon Gallagher

School: Williamsville South Position: OL

Height: 6-3 Weight: 255 Year: Senior

Trench Trophy finalist. His pass protection helped QB Joe Licata break several WNY passing records. Has visited Robert Morris, Penn, Albany and UB. Three-year starter. At DE had 38 tackles and four sacks. Returned an interception 77 yards against GI in first round of the playoffs. Also plays lacrosse. Three-year starter.

Full Team

The Buffalo News released their All-WNY team. One UAlbany prospect:

Dillon Gallagher

School: Williamsville South Position: OL

Height: 6-3 Weight: 255 Year: Senior

Trench Trophy finalist. His pass protection helped QB Joe Licata break several WNY passing records. Has visited Robert Morris, Penn, Albany and UB. Three-year starter. At DE had 38 tackles and four sacks. Returned an interception 77 yards against GI in first round of the playoffs. Also plays lacrosse. Three-year starter.

Full Team

Thanks UB.

Just confirmed that Dillon Romain is enrolled and attended class today.................................................................in Albany! laugh.gif

(despite the fact that reports indicated that he was actually offered by Montana last weekend)

Great signing and even better knowing he'll be in Spring ball to learn the system.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/939558.html

Dillon Romain has gone through a crazy recruiting process since he was at Don Bosco Prep, a national powerhouse that churns out Division I talent on a yearly basis, no matter what. On Monday, Romain ended that recruiting process when he enrolled in classes at Albany, the school he’ll spend his future at.

How the 5-foot-11, 210-pound running back came to his decision was a bit of a rollercoaster ride, with a national powerhouse coming into the picture at the last second. Romain had several I-AA offers, was being heavily courted by Tulane (who was still asking him to wait until signing day) and was offered a preferred walk-on by Rutgers for the second straight year, but in a surprising turn of events, Montana came into the picture late in the game, flew him out to the campus and offered the Blair Academy standout a scholarship.

• 9 months later...

Question what is the protocol for sending coaches information about high school players?

Can we forward the coaches information? I live in a town that has an amazing qb who is hoping to gain the attention of colleges. Here is the link

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/football/athlete-of-the-week-is-oceanside-s-heuer-1.2345436

He hopes to generate interest from schools such as UMass, Stony Brook and Holy Cross. Why not UA?

Archived