UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ UNC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambrose continues to be an enigma...I don't know what can be done to get him going in the right direction. As I was watching him play last night, I had a thought about how big of a dope Jeff/DaneDoggy is....just give him the ball and get out of his way? LOL!

Young kids like Tartt, Black and Metcalf will continue to be hit or miss...One would hope as the season progresses they can start to get some consistency but they are still freshman.

Black - Was the only one who had the quickness and most importantly the intelligence to be aggressive and drive into the lane. It's not a mistake that he got to the line 4 times....Harris also got got the line 4 times but he did a good amount of work down low. Ambrose got to the line 0 times in 18 minutes.

Harris - I'll continue to harp on Harris playing down low...we are a better team when he works 15 feet and in, I wish he was a better passer out of the post but against AE come he should be planted down there and work the inside outside game.

Allen - Hope he gained some confidence after last night performance....his shot looks good and his fundamentals look solid he just hasn't been putting them down. Work more inside out with Harris and Metcalf on the block and it will open things up for him. We'll need a deep threat if we are going to be a good team in conference.

Thanks for the update guys. Funny enough, I went to a Regionalla game last night (the same level that Levi Levine first played in). No wonder he and Tim Duncan blasted through the league...not overally impressive. Much like DIII hoops at best...(mid-tier); one guy, maybe two you needed to defend...the rest were less than average.

Back to UA, as I stated much earlier...I wished we could have won all of our OOC...but we are really really young and looking for a leader. Maybe Black and Allen emerge as the future leaders of this team; they both certainly have the resume...as do a few others (Logan immediately comes to mind). This team, IMHO early on and still now...is a .500 team at best...but that is ok; a lot of guys are seeing big minutes, and these guys will be our future/core for the next 2-3 seasons. It's a lot like Jamar's frosh and soph seasons (without having a Jamar of course).

We should be fine...

Again, thanks for the update.

More importantly for those that went...what was the Dean Dome like atmosphere-wise?

Danke!

The Durham Herald-Sun describes the crowd as 'often-bored' UNC wins but coach still unhappy with play. Maybe because we were so high up, or because the students weren't there, or the non-competitiveness, but it wasn't that special, just a big 23-year-old arena showing a little wear, a little dark in the concourse - until you look up past the top row to see all the banners circling the arena (only one banner for all their NIT appearances, as bob compared to the TUC).

Crowd of 19,225 was 2,500 short of capacity and was late-arriving besides.

I didn't realize that last Albany run was 23-2. "We scored two points the last seven-and-a-half minutes to go, and that wasn't just those last guys in there, either" said Roy Williams, who cleared his bench in the last two minutes. "That was Deon and Larry and Ed and all those guys".

I didnt get to see the game because I was fast asleep in a sleepy German town. Was Billy that good? Was Mike that impressive? Did Ambrose continue his la la land funk?

More importantly for those that went...what was the Dean Dome like atmosphere-wise?

Danke!

It's quite an arena. We were really up high. I was in row T. I really get frustrated with the defense by Tim and Will. Billy shot the ball well. He seems to be getting a lot more comfortable with taking the shots available. Earlier he seemed hesitant to take it or decided a half second late. We still telegraph too many passes and make some lazy passes which against NC level athletes are picked off easily. They competed hard the whole game and made a nice run to beat the spread, which was our last goal up in the cheap ($50) seats.

Archived