UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ UNH

maybe im just in the minority here but there are no positives to take from this.

hear me out here...siena is coming off 2 back to back ncaa tournaments. lets say they suffered two sub .500 seasons in a row following that and then jump out to a 5-13 start. that would be absolutely unacceptable and people will be calling for mcafferys head. how would that be different or wrong than what a lot of people are feeling here???

it may be that i have followed pro sports and major college teams all my life before i started following albany basketball (mid major small conference) and the way you think there is if your team is bad the first thing they do is shake up the coaching staff

Get your facts straight.

We did not have two sub .500 seasons in a row after our NCAA appearances. We were .500 in 07-08 and finished tied for 2nd in the conference that same season. In 08-09 we were 15-16 just under .500.

Being a fan of pro-sports and major college teams has probably jaded your perception if you now are following Albany. Pro-Sports and Major College teams have $$$ and make $$$. If pro sports teams or major college programs dont win they lose profits. Its all about profits and that means they have to win.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is truly disgusting basketball....WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET SOMEONE ON THIS TEAM WHO CAN CONSISTENTLY SHOOT/SCORE THE ROCK? How many years have we been talking about this? 8pts in the first 9 minutes...? They can't even manage 1 point a minute...

How many more painful nights left until the final bell rings on this disastrous season?

bosiy do you notice a trend????

every preseason we hear the coach say this is our best perimiter shooting team yet! same old tag line, same old result garbage.

Every season huh....how long have you been following UA hoops?

from the 04-05 season. what does it matter. are you going to take every word i say literally? let me refrase that then.... the past 2 seasons.

I'd say that you aren't wise enough yet to realize these things are cyclic. I'd also gather you are likely less than 24 years of age and probably haven't been around long enough to realize as bad as things are...we could be on top next year.

I've been a fan since 04/05....I have never been through a more painful time as a Great Danes fan....going back to last season we are 8-23 in the last 31 games....I know last season went south because of a huge number of injuries but EIGHT AND 23....?

To be clear I'm not calling for anyone's head but THING MUST CHANGE...AND THEY MUST CHANGE ON THE RECRUITING TRAIL. Start with filling the two or three scholarships we have with someone who can score the ball and at least one defensive stopper....this is getting absurd.

This is truly disgusting basketball....WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET SOMEONE ON THIS TEAM WHO CAN CONSISTENTLY SHOOT/SCORE THE ROCK? How many years have we been talking about this? 8pts in the first 9 minutes...? They can't even manage 1 point a minute...

How many more painful nights left until the final bell rings on this disastrous season?

every preseason we hear the coach say this is our best perimiter shooting team yet! same old tag line, same old result garbage.

I'm gonna try to state this as delicately as possible....We were told that Jake would be a good shooter (3pt), he redshirted last season...Fact is he can't hit water falling out of a boat (19% on the season)...I know Logan is still no where near ready as he's coming back from sitting out a year but he's shooting 28%....Barazza was recruited to be a shooter....33% this year...31% last year.....

There is a serious disconnect with what's happening on the court and what hype was....who's evaluating this talent?

Bosy...I like you...but dont get emotional on this. Please think. First off, Barazza was injured and had zero lift on his shots. That said, all he is is a shooter. Jake...hasnt played enough to even give him a grade...but you hyped his ass up after watching the same tape as all of us. Give him time. Third, you stated it...Aronholt is just getting back.

Exactly how well do you want them to shoot (no answer necessary).

You are way to smart to be getting drawn into this crap. And for the record...we were worse than 8-23 before we got to the level you witnessed when you started watching Albany hoops. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO EVERYONE-- WE ARE REBUILDING AND CERTAINTLY NOT RELOADING.

Take a pill y'all. Remember, we had to rebuild when we got to the NCAA's for the first two times.

JEESH...you guys are starting to sound a lot like SIENA fans. Really disappointing.

NEWSFLASH-- All coaches are self-promoters...even the hall of famers.

What is he supposed to say, "Hey...he's all i could get this year...tough year on the trail."

And Logan is a great shooter...and so is Barazza. I am not worried about those two (but for Barazza's lack of other skills).

maybe im just in the minority here but there are no positives to take from this.

hear me out here...siena is coming off 2 back to back ncaa tournaments. lets say they suffered two sub .500 seasons in a row following that and then jump out to a 5-13 start. that would be absolutely unacceptable and people will be calling for mcafferys head. how would that be different or wrong than what a lot of people are feeling here???

it may be that i have followed pro sports and major college teams all my life before i started following albany basketball (mid major small conference) and the way you think there is if your team is bad the first thing they do is shake up the coaching staff

Get your facts straight.

We did not have two sub .500 seasons in a row after our NCAA appearances. We were .500 in 07-08 and finished tied for 2nd in the conference that same season. In 08-09 we were 15-16 just under .500.

Being a fan of pro-sports and major college teams has probably jaded your perception if you now are following Albany. Pro-Sports and Major College teams have $$$ and make $$$. If pro sports teams or major college programs dont win they lose profits. Its all about profits and that means they have to win.

yes i know it has jaded my perception as i stated before.

so i was of by one game. i apologize. it was one .500 and sub .500 season. you include this season its pretty much another guaranteed sub .500 season.

you add that together its a 35-44 record which is sub .500 for 2.5 seasons. those are the facts.

What is he supposed to say, "Hey...he's all i could get this year...tough year on the trail."

And Logan is a great shooter...and so is Barazza. I am not worried about those two (but for Barazza's lack of other skills).

Remains to be seen if Barazza will be back..his injury is career threatening.

True dat! I hope the kid heals...not a good thing to have.

True dat! I hope the kid heals...not a good thing to have.

D,

Even you must admit that things are a complete mess right now....this April on the recruiting trail will be absolutely CRITICAL. In the mean time we need to batten down the hatches and strap our chin straps on tight as fans....this will be a 9-22/11-19 type of season (I believe we scheduled 31 games)! This team is fundamentally flawed!

No...I dont believe this recruiting is vital. In fact, I think the opposite. I think you take your core...and you start giving them major minutes and let them grow.

Coach did this once before...now he has to do it again. People forget that we had to build a team with a bunch of youngins about 4-5 years ago.

No...I dont believe this recruiting is vital. In fact, I think the opposite. I think you take your core...and you start giving them major minutes and let them grow.

Coach did this once before...now he has to do it again. People forget that we had to build a team with a bunch of youngins about 4-5 years ago.

Who do you consider the core? Who on this team would you build around?

I'm gonna try to state this as delicately as possible....We were told that Jake would be a good shooter (3pt), he redshirted last season...Fact is he can't hit water falling out of a boat (19% on the season)...I know Logan is still no where near ready as he's coming back from sitting out a year but he's shooting 28%....Barazza was recruited to be a shooter....33% this year...31% last year.....

There is a serious disconnect with what's happening on the court and what hype was....who's evaluating this talent?

Bosy...I like you...but dont get emotional on this. Please think. First off, Barazza was injured and had zero lift on his shots. That said, all he is is a shooter. Jake...hasnt played enough to even give him a grade...but you hyped his ass up after watching the same tape as all of us. Give him time. Third, you stated it...Aronholt is just getting back.

Exactly how well do you want them to shoot (no answer necessary).

You are way to smart to be getting drawn into this crap. And for the record...we were worse than 8-23 before we got to the level you witnessed when you started watching Albany hoops. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO EVERYONE-- WE ARE REBUILDING AND CERTAINTLY NOT RELOADING.

Take a pill y'all. Remember, we had to rebuild when we got to the NCAA's for the first two times.

JEESH...you guys are starting to sound a lot like SIENA fans. Really disappointing.

-JEESH...you guys are starting to sound a lot like SIENA fans. Really disappointing.

Siena fans have 3 consecutive 20 win seasons and back to back ncaa tournament wins and are on the verge of a 4h straight 20 win season and another ncaa/nit birth. they sound a lot more positive than us. im just saying ;)

also after two back to back aeast titles you would think that it would boost recruiting and allow you to reload, but obviously it didnt and we took two steps back.

Archived