UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ UNH

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is truly disgusting basketball....WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET SOMEONE ON THIS TEAM WHO CAN CONSISTENTLY SHOOT/SCORE THE ROCK? How many years have we been talking about this? 8pts in the first 9 minutes...? They can't even manage 1 point a minute...

How many more painful nights left until the final bell rings on this disastrous season?

bosiy do you notice a trend????

every preseason we hear the coach say this is our best perimiter shooting team yet! same old tag line, same old result garbage.

I'm gonna try to state this as delicately as possible....We were told that Jake would be a good shooter (3pt), he redshirted last season...Fact is he can't hit water falling out of a boat (19% on the season)...I know Logan is still no where near ready as he's coming back from sitting out a year but he's shooting 28%....Barazza was recruited to be a shooter....33% this year...31% last year.....

There is a serious disconnect with what's happening on the court and what hype was....who's evaluating this talent?

Bosy...I like you...but dont get emotional on this. Please think. First off, Barazza was injured and had zero lift on his shots. That said, all he is is a shooter. Jake...hasnt played enough to even give him a grade...but you hyped his ass up after watching the same tape as all of us. Give him time. Third, you stated it...Aronholt is just getting back.

Exactly how well do you want them to shoot (no answer necessary).

You are way to smart to be getting drawn into this crap. And for the record...we were worse than 8-23 before we got to the level you witnessed when you started watching Albany hoops. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO EVERYONE-- WE ARE REBUILDING AND CERTAINTLY NOT RELOADING.

Take a pill y'all. Remember, we had to rebuild when we got to the NCAA's for the first two times.

JEESH...you guys are starting to sound a lot like SIENA fans. Really disappointing.

-JEESH...you guys are starting to sound a lot like SIENA fans. Really disappointing.

Siena fans have 3 consecutive 20 win seasons and back to back ncaa tournament wins and are on the verge of a 4h straight 20 win season and another ncaa/nit birth. they sound a lot more positive than us. im just saying ;)

Again, how long have you been following Siena hoops? I would say 4 years isnt enough to understand that fanbase.

I'm kind of on both sides of the fence here. I can deal with the fact that this season is most likely a bust because it does happen and recruits/transfers don't pan out the way we hope and are told they would (I'm not saying that about the freshman by the way). BUT I really feel as if this team has more talent than what we are seeing and the coaching staff needs to figure out a way to get that out of them.

I'm kind of on both sides of the fence here. I can deal with the fact that this season is most likely a bust because it does happen and recruits/transfers don't pan out the way we hope and are told they would (I'm not saying that about the freshman by the way). BUT I really feel as if this team has more talent than what we are seeing and the coaching staff needs to figure out a way to get that out of them.

I agree with you dude.....there is more talent there then what we've seen....CB has to find a way to tap into it and get them all on the same page.

I am with you 100% DanesRGood.

I really like Coach as a person. Right now, he is probably really embarrassed and frustrated about his and the kids performance and he is holding on tight. It is hard for him to say, oh f'it...let's just use this year as a learning experience. I would be exactly the same as him.

But...I think for himself, the kids, etc...he needs to pack it in one way (winning the AE is a pipedream) and start building for the future. I would give this team 2 more games...and then if we are 0-5 or 1-4...move on with the young kids and groom them.

I really like Coach as a person. Right now, he is probably really embarrassed and frustrated about his and the kids performance and he is holding on tight. It is hard for him to say, oh f'it...let's just use this year as a learning experience. I would be exactly the same as him.

But...I think for himself, the kids, etc...he needs to pack it in one way (winning the AE is a pipedream) and start building for the future. I would give this team 2 more games...and then if we are 0-5 or 1-4...move on with the young kids and groom them.

Puting personal relationships with the coach aside. Would you feel the same way? If you did not know the coach or have never met him will will your views be the same? That's why I said everyone has to put whatever relationship with the coach aside and view it as a whole.

Personal relationship; So....you took my "i like Coach as a person" as I have a personal relationship with him. Good one.

I dont have a personal relationship with him...and yes...I feel the same. I am not a poser and I say what i feel after analyizing, without jumping the gun based on emotions (most of the time....but I am human).

I have said what I have said. Do a little living before calling for wholesale changes. Like I said...have you called the FAN everyday since 1986 asking for a change in staff with the Mets. Have you called for new ownership?

D,

I agree with you wholeheartedly....at some point the decision will have to be made looking at the future rather then the now (this season)....the development of kids like Logan, Jake, Blake, Tartt and Black should take precedent over winning an extra game or two.

Personal relationship; So....you took my "i like Coach as a person" as I have a personal relationship with him. Good one.

I dont have a personal relationship with him...and yes...I feel the same. I am not a poser and I say what i feel after analyizing, without jumping the gun based on emotions (most of the time....but I am human).

I have said what I have said. Do a little living before calling for wholesale changes. Like I said...have you called the FAN everyday since 1986 asking for a change in staff with the Mets. Have you called for new ownership?

well liking him as a person is different than liking the way he coaches. and yes i have been calling for new ownership. since the doubleday's sold their half of the team to the coupons after the 2000 season. the team hasnt been back to the ws since then. yes i call the fan everyday francessa gives me a personal line to talk about ua hoops ;)

I'm hoping Aronhalt stays in the starting lineup after tonight.

With him at SF and Harris and either McRae or Urli down low there seems to be:

-more room for Harris to operate down low

-more spacing for Ambrose to drive

-more for the defense to think about

Maybe it was just a fluke but we had that big comeback with a similar lineup on the floor.

Not even thinking about giving up for this season. I'm pretty sure I'm only halfway through my tickets so far.

Guys, do you think CB reads this forum? Or the players?

This team is a disappointment. Ain't no fixin it. It is what it is. We had smoke blown up our asses. Just hope next year is better once all these freshmen become older and have time to gel even more.

Also, this is going to happen every couple of years now because every 4 years, we're going to have 5 or 6 freshmen.

Guys, do you think CB reads this forum? Or the players?

This team is a disappointment. Ain't no fixin it. It is what it is. We had smoke blown up our asses. Just hope next year is better once all these freshmen become older and have time to gel even more.

Also, this is going to happen every couple of years now because every 4 years, we're going to have 5 or 6 freshmen.

I know they do! I have to keep telling myself to be respectful even when I'm down on what's going on with this team. These are 20 year old kids who are trying to find their footing....we have a lot of youngsters on this team....Tartt, Logan, Allen, Black, Watts, Puk, Blake, Glanton, Iati, Lindfors are all either freshmen or sophomores.

I KNOW I'm not always successful and I'm chicken little at times...it's a fine line between trying to be supportive and trying to be somewhat objective in pointing out the shortcomings.

There is either not enough talent on this team, or there is enough talent but its not being used correctly. Personally I think most of us, including Coach Brown, grossly misread the potential in Ambrose and Harris.

It matters little if you 'like Coach Brown as a person'. In this case he's failing to do the primary job for which he's compensated. He may or may not have assembled a nucleus of young players around which he can build. If he has, now would be the time to identify it and develop it. Things will slowly begin to turn around. If it turns out we don't have such a nucleus of players, that's an indication of his deficiency as a recruiter.

There are reasons we are where we are now. Failure to achieve is happening either because the talent is not there or the talent is there and is just not being developed. In either case, the responsibility falls in the same place.

Archived