UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ BU

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown just said it in his post game interview. The veterans on this team need to step up while the young kids continue to fight and learn. 5 points from Harris and Ambrose, yes Harris left early in the second half but still.....not good.

Those two baffle me.

Brown just said it in his post game interview. The veterans on this team need to step up while the young kids continue to fight and learn. 5 points from Harris and Ambrose, yes Harris left early in the second half but still.....not good.

Those two baffle me.

Why are you baffled? The book has been written on their careers...it is what it is!

Black....10pts, 4rb, 3ast and .500 shooting from the field....The only one who kind of showed up!

Also Metcalf with 6pts and 6rb

Black: A positive assist to turnover ratio.

Metcalf: Raises his FT percentage from 20% to 40% for the season (even if two of the shots tonight were banked in.)

Yup, that's about it.

Those two baffle me.

Why are you baffled? The book has been written on their careers...it is what it is!

All I know is that Tim looked absolutely lost out there. Will...needs to man up. At first I thought it was his achilles as it was reported to be tender after last game. Then, when I found out what it actually was...I was enfuriated.

I will not elaborate on the injury...but I freaking snowboard with worse...and that is a hell of a lot more dangerous than Will's injury. ACC BODY...

Black....10pts, 4rb, 3ast and .500 shooting from the field....The only one who kind of showed up!

Also Metcalf with 6pts and 6rb

Both those guys showed up. It was the D that killed us. Horrific on the outside (Logan sagging on a double team leaving I think Strong wide open is an example of a freshman move...but at least he was active).

I know. I shouldn't be baffled but then one of them will drop 20 and look like a star. I just want them to be good so bad that I refuse to give up on them, especially Tim since he has another year here and we will NEED him.

Yep...he was awful all night long. I presume you meant the bull$iena pass into the high post? Was terrible.

That was a terrible pass as well but I was talking about when he was on the perimeter and passing to the wing. He just sort of lobbed it over there and the player was only about 10 feet away. Easy steal and layup for BU. I think it was the first or second possession of the second half and Brown immediately pulled him. Terrible.

I also thought Logan played OK. Yes he shot 1-13 or something like that but had 9 points, drove to the basket and got to the line, which not many of our players do. Him and Black trying to penetrate is such a refreshing sign to see. Timmy attempted to drive a few times but they doubled him and he either lost the ball, took a poor shot over the double team or made a poor pass. Yes, Logan got blocked a few times and took some bad shots but I believe a lot of it has to do with confidence and the fact that BU is big, fast and experienced. It's just nice to see him trying to create something.

Edit: Forgot one thing I wanted to add. John Holland is such an impressive player. So athletic, confident, fast and smart. From what I've seen I think he may be better than Blakely. The move he made on the baseline and tried a HUGE one handed dunk was sick. He missed the dunk and I'm glad he did or it would've been on ESPN Top 10. We have no one close to as explosive as him.

Go with all freshmen and or sophomores from here on out....get them the time they need on the court to get them some experience....

- Black

- Tartt

- Aronhalt

- Lindfors

- Metcalf

Off the bench: Ambrose, Harris, McRae and MJ.

I'm kinda kidding! What else is there left to play for?

From one of the recent TU Blogs....

“I’ll tell you what, the two kids I’m redshirting, I seriously thought the other day about activating them and playing them,” Brown said. “Both of them would have played (Tuesday) probably 20 minutes if I did that. But it’s not fair to them because I think theyr’e going to be pretty good because our young kids right now are playing with great energy.” :blink:

Archived