UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ BU

There was one part of the game last night when Tobin was talking about Black stepping up and it got me thinking about whose team this was this year. It almost seems like it won't be long before it's Mike Black's team. Not to put pressure on him but it just seems like it might be headed that way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a fan of Black for a while now...I'm glad to see him continue to develop and get more comfortable....it would be great if we finally had a PG to run this team for three more years following this one.

MB has an opportunity to be a real good one....IMO, Tartt should be played more at his natural position where he can concentrate more on scoring then running a team.

I've been impressed by Black's play all year, though I admit to not really being a Johnson fan. I just wish we could have had both Black and Anthony Raffa for 3 years...that would have been REAL nice

I want to know what has happened to Tim Ambrose this year...I know his defense and effort have lacked at times but I've always been a huge supporter of his because of his immense offensive talent. But this year should have been his step forward, but instead its been a step back

I've been impressed by Black's play all year, though I admit to not really being a Johnson fan. I just wish we could have had both Black and Anthony Raffa for 3 years...that would have been REAL nice

I want to know what has happened to Tim Ambrose this year...I know his defense and effort have lacked at times but I've always been a huge supporter of his because of his immense offensive talent. But this year should have been his step forward, but instead its been a step back

I think he is just trying to do too much instead of letting the game come to him. It's a cliche but it seems appropriate in Tim's case.

IMO, it's simply not his personality to be a leader....some are natural at it and some are not....nothing wrong there. The problem is that as of right now there is no one to fill the leadership void. I think some of the freshmen have potential but are simply to young. Tim would be great as as second or third option where he could pick his spots....right now he's really pressing.

I've been hoping for a Tim Ambrose renaissance with the new line-up. The more shooters we can surround him with I think the more effective he will be. When he comes back I'd still like to see Harris at the PF spot. I think he can play underneath and bring his guy outside to respect his shot. Funny that we talk about our lack of shooting and statistically we have two of the top 10 (Black and Harris) in the conference.

Archived