UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Expectations

Does not matter who, when, where...In the famous words of Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!!!" Commitment to Excellence.

Isn't Al Davis on your hot seat too? No playoffs for the Raider in eight years.

I'm a Bills fan, but it's just a great motto by Al. Need to improve big time next season. Must finish with a winning record or I think Dr. Lee says Adios to CB.

My expectations for next season would include:

Averaging over 70ppg while keeping opponents under 65ppg

Shorten rotation to 7-9 players unless in blowouts.

No more quick hook for simple mistakes that are going to happen in a basketball game

18+ wins

Top 3 in AE

Win over LCC

Winning OOC record

So who is UA playing OOC and where are the games being played or does not not matter to you in projecting the OOC record.

Does not matter who, when, where...In the famous words of Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!!!" Commitment to Excellence.

I expected a fan like you would have the same expectations whether UA is playing at a team like Duke or home against a team like NJIT and I also expected a fan like you would be unable to adjust his expectation on record for OOC as to whether the were more or less teams like Duke on the schedule vs. more or less teams like NJIT.

To me I want to see how the team is playing vs. the good teams even more than wins and losses. In the years that UA was good, they gave the teams that played in the national championship games all they could handle more times than not even though they lost the games to UCLA and Florida, etc.

If they play well most games, the wins and losses will take care of themselves against conference teams and other teams they can realistic beat.

Also since it is May, there are a ton of baseball games, football games and other summer and fall sports to watch before really worrying about the basketball team. I think this topic is better addressed late October or early November.

Have a good day.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how it will effect next season but - Listening to Rodger Wyland's radio show today hosted by Scottie McKay. Coach Brown was on and I was surprised to hear that both Logan Aronhalt and Derek Tartt are spending the early part of the summer at the famed IMG Academy in Florida training for next season.

That truly shows a committment on their part to improve and take the next step as DI players.

It would be great to see Tartt improve and get more time this year. He seems to have all the tools to be a good player and had some pretty good showings his first 10 games or so. He went through that stretch where he was hurt and it seemed to cost him.

Usually guys who play good D do well and get time. I might just be rooting for Tartt because I told people at the beginning of last year that he'd have a better career than Aronhalt. That's not looking like such a good prediction right now.

Usually guys who play good D do well and get time. I might just be rooting for Tartt because I told people at the beginning of last year that he'd have a better career than Aronhalt. That's not looking like such a good prediction right now. - DP

That not necessarily a bad prediction Tartt may wind up being very good but Aronhalt might be better than expected????

I hope they both are better then first thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've really had a bugaboo with Ohio HS players 1st Reed Andersen, then Major Back surgery for Billy Allen and then foot problems with Aronhalt

Archived