UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I was curious . . .

I was just curious about the "College Sports" blog at the Siena PR Satellite office (otherwise known as the TU), and read through the first two screens of blogs dating back to October 13. The count for topics:

Siena basketball -- 11

UAlbany BB - 2 (or really, 1, since 1 was about the "America East prospectus")

UAlbany HOF -- 1

Jimmer Fredette in Glens Falls to play Vermont -- 1

Former Bing player in jail in Wherever-istan -- 1

ALL were written by . . . wait for it . . . Mark S.

What a bad joke that section is.

And the Hall of fame entry was a joke. Mark S wrote about 1 of the 3 athletes going in. (there also was a coach) 1 of the athletes he did not mention at all has local ties(Bishop Maginn High School). You know the type of thing good local papers usually salivate over.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=204998173

As far as football goes I feel like coverage has been declining as the team and attendance gets better. I have a number of TU editions from when I played that have full back cover and inside page spreads. My parents who live outside the Capital Region, used to have a subscription to the TU shipped to them to follow the UA coverage. I can't imagine anyone would do that anymore.

As far as football goes I feel like coverage has been declining as the team and attendance gets better. I have a number of TU editions from when I played that have full back cover and inside page spreads. My parents who live outside the Capital Region, used to have a subscription to the TU shipped to them to follow the UA coverage. I can't imagine anyone would do that anymore.

It's really rather puzzling, in my time following UA I've seen a measure decline in UA coverage. My observation is that the precipitous decline started right around the time they inked the contract with the arena. It's also clear as day that the TU and UA (not just athletic department) do not have a good working relationship. It's difficult though to figure out exactly who is freezing out whom...regardless, the TU stands to come out the loser in this little tit-for-tat. It's hard make sense of the fact that they are losing readers right and left and yet refuse to provide equitable and more importantly fair coverage to one of the major economic engines of the CD. Think back to all the stories of crime problems at UA complete with maps etc. Never mind that the majority of the time crimes were committed AGAINST UA students. Think back to the unprofessional blogs crying and whining about Coach Brown not returning Marks e-mails in a timely fashion in the dead of summer etc. If memory serves, our beat writer hasn't written a single story about our football team and we are coming up on week four. The stories that have been written were written by someone else (the name escapes me). Apparently the only D1 college football team, that draws 3k or 4k and is in the process of building a new facility that very quickly might become the most highly attended college sporting even (outside of the UA v Siena game) isn't worth their time.

I say screw them!

UA needs to continue to embrace the nose to the grindstone mentality, keep building up the University and the Athletic Department.

Haha....I guarantee they're not going to post my response to Mark.

I hate that Mark puts himself out there and defends the TU. He's been the only one that has actually shown a geniune interest in UA football recently. I guess i understand the need to publicly support your employer, but man its blind defense right there.

Archived