UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stony Brook is 1 week away from clinching the Big South AQ............................b/c of the tie breaker in the Big South, all they have to do is not lose to Liberty next week by 37 points or more and they'll win the Big South AQ. This also assumes Coastal Carolina beats Charleston Southern (who is 3-7 and bad).

Who would've thunk it........SBU in the playoffs before us................oh that's right........a lot of us didmad.gif

That's the reality, and it makes me sick. I try to avoid thinking about their termendous strides, including football, basketball & lacrosse. I can't imagine that

having a beautiful stadium on campus helps. I can't imagine that a stadium is a rallying point, a place drawing the community and students alike together, and helps in all areas of the university down there.

Have we been left in the dust permanently? Or are we going to step up and begin?

I'd hate to think that our athletic department is full of excuse makers.

That's the reality, and it makes me sick. I try to avoid thinking about their termendous strides, including football, basketball & lacrosse. I can't imagine that

having a beautiful stadium on campus helps. I can't imagine that a stadium is a rallying point, a place drawing the community and students alike together, and helps in all areas of the university down there.

Have we been left in the dust permanently? Or are we going to step up and begin?

The stadium is the key for us...good thing it looks like there is a good chance it will happen.

The stadium is the key for us...good thing it looks like there is a good chance it will happen.

hahahah sbu bounced from playoff bid after losing 54-28. they end up losing the tie breaker

Why is sbu out? They lost by 26. Someone said they had a 37pt cushion?

Yeah looks like I was wrong on the tiebreaker when I started the thread.

This is the final tally:

The Big South's first three tiebreakers were not enough to break the three-way tie, therefore, the fourth step - Points allowed in Conference games - was the determining factor. The Chanticleers finished the six-game Big South schedule with 109 points allowed, ahead of Stony Brook (122) and Liberty (138). Stony Brook held a 38-point lead in points allowed prior to Saturday's game, with Coastal allowing just three and Stony Brook giving up 54 to Liberty.

So in effect - SBU blew it. laugh.gif

Archived