UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Weekend in Detroit

One thing we've certainly learned in Detroit is that Will knows how to work the media- so I imagine any recounting of the tiff is equally as likely. Either way, I like it. "go back to ohio" is about as benign trash talk as one could dish, so I'd hardly say it reflects poorly on our program if we instigated. I'll take a measured amount of swagger from a team last year that was devoid of all passion. The other way around, it's always good to see a coach stand behind his players.

Other thoughts about Detroit on PAGN. Hope the team gets healthy without getting rusty come Sat, would be nice to get off to a quick start.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree these issues do need to be corrected, I don't think it will keep us from beating Siena. The free throws: Everyone knows you can't teach this. It's something that's got to improve over time. It's not like we're gonna go from 50% to 80% by taking some extra freebies at practice this week. Instead I'd like to see them get to work on GETTING to the line, more opportunities should equal more points no matter how bad our %'s are. Plus, when was the last time we actually put someone in foul trouble? The press: While I agree it is pretty shameful our D1 guards cannot dribble out of a press or our D1 coach can not draw anything up to break the press, realistically how much are we gonna see it for the rest of the year? I don't see how siena has the depth to press for more than a few minutes per half, if that. I feel the same could be said for the AE. I'm usually a downer but I have some optimism for saturday. If, and it's a big "if", Puk can step up big time and shut down or at least manage Rossiter, I think we win. This weekend was big, I think this young team is starting to believe in itself.

I was glad to see there was no mention of the verbal incident at the end of yesterday's game in today's TU online version of the story. So the incident should now be entirely behind us.

UAlbany ends road trip with win

I know I asked several questions about the incident yesterday, but I'm glad it was missing from the TU report. I just don't want our young team to be vulnerable to harassment from other teams, especially in conference play, for that story.

Yes, this weekend certainly showed the potential for growth for this very young team. I know I'm a lot more optimistic about the rest of the season.

While I agree these issues do need to be corrected, I don't think it will keep us from beating Siena. The free throws: Everyone knows you can't teach this. It's something that's got to improve over time. It's not like we're gonna go from 50% to 80% by taking some extra freebies at practice this week. Instead I'd like to see them get to work on GETTING to the line, more opportunities should equal more points no matter how bad our %'s are. Plus, when was the last time we actually put someone in foul trouble? The press: While I agree it is pretty shameful our D1 guards cannot dribble out of a press or our D1 coach can not draw anything up to break the press, realistically how much are we gonna see it for the rest of the year? I don't see how siena has the depth to press for more than a few minutes per half, if that. I feel the same could be said for the AE. I'm usually a downer but I have some optimism for saturday. If, and it's a big "if", Puk can step up big time and shut down or at least manage Rossiter, I think we win. This weekend was big, I think this young team is starting to believe in itself.

To me, it's fairly simple on how to beat the press. I watch a lot of NBA ball, and Blake and Iati did this in the Iona game.

Blake just jogs up the floor, and Iati uses him as a shield with Blake bodying up the pressing guard. They did it 2 or 3 times and it worked 100% each time. Continue to do that.

Archived