UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Wagner

Is it just me or does it seem like Wagner is playing full contact football and we're playing flag football..and they're getting away with it.

We play soft we don't have any bruisers. We've got nice guys.

Then you will like Rowley.

If he's a hard nosed player then yes!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it sounds like hurley worked those refs to the point their you know what is now tucked between their legs.

This game was a good game to gauge our team. Wagner is your typical aeast team. I've said it before all our wins were against garbage teams except for siena.

This game has brought me back down to reality.

We have a SERIOUS problem with depth. Our bench got outscored by like 25 in this game...unacceptable.

Well it sounds like hurley worked those refs to the point their you know what is now tucked between their legs.

This game was a good game to gauge our team. Wagner is your typical aeast team. I've said it before all our wins were against garbage teams except for siena.

This game has brought me back down to reality.

We have a SERIOUS problem with depth. Our bench got outscored by like 25 in this game...unacceptable.

Our bench is pretty pretty pretty...pretty bad!

Is anyone else worried? Not good going into conference play.

New strategy against albany... Beat us up and bang us around. Someone on this team needs to get pissed off.

Brown says we were beat up by a physical team. Second straight game we're hearing this. Somebody get pissed off and fire up this team. Through lindfors out there he's probably the only one that has that fire even though he doesn't play.

0-0 season starts sunday. Legggo!

I thought in a lot of ways we got out-toughed tonight. Hurley complained alot about the foul calls in the first half and the refs seem to let the physical play go in the second half. We didn't respond the way I'd hoped we would.

Our lack of depth, especially at the point really showed. We built a couple of nice leads in the first half, Black would sit and we would give everything right back through bad decisions or turnovers when pressured. I don't know what the answer is because I didn't think Tartt played any better than Iati. Granted it's only his second game with any PT.

The zone didn't seem to bother anyone. Wagner seemed very comfortable with it, I was hoping we'd switch out of it earlier.

We seemed to get some good touches in the paint in the first half but nothing in the second. The ball didn't seem to go in.

Is anyone else worried? Not good going into conference play.

New strategy against albany... Beat us up and bang us around. Someone on this team needs to get pissed off.

Brown says we were beat up by a physical team. Second straight game we're hearing this. Somebody get pissed off and fire up this team. Through lindfors out there he's probably the only one that has that fire even though he doesn't play.

0-0 season starts sunday. Legggo!

I actually thought it was a very good first half...unfortunately an equally bad second half.

I thought in a lot of ways we got out-toughed tonight. Hurley complained alot about the foul calls in the first half and the refs seem to let the physical play go in the second half. We didn't respond the way I'd hoped we would.

Our lack of depth, especially at the point really showed. We built a couple of nice leads in the first half, Black would sit and we would give everything right back through bad decisions or turnovers when pressured. I don't know what the answer is because I didn't think Tartt played any better than Iati. Granted it's only his second game with any PT.

The zone didn't seem to bother anyone. Wagner seemed very comfortable with it, I was hoping we'd switch out of it earlier.

We seemed to get some good touches in the paint in the first half but nothing in the second. The ball didn't seem to go in.

We switches to man on a couple of late posesions and it was brutal. Not Will Brown type defense...our two worst defenders Logan and Ambrose are also very important on O. With the graduation of Ambrose I guarantee we'll be a better defensive unit. Not sure about the O though.

I wasn't sure if we were a step slow or they just figured it out. It just seemed way too easy for them on the offensive end. I felt that way a bit during the Colgate game but they couldn't capitalize the way Wagner did. Zone if unfortunate in a game like this where we seemed to have a size advantage but didn't rebound very well.

One bright spot was Devlin. Seemed to look for his shot more than he has been recently and was rewarded with a career high and a double-double.

Last night was a bit ugly; it was New Jersey style basketball, full contact in the face kind of game. It was a full contact hand checking ordeal. The Wagner Coaches were controlling the refs based on reputation. The Danes were clearly tired after the trains, planes and missing buses ordeal.

As stated earlier, 0-0 starts on Sunday and now it's time to get down to business.

The guys just ran out of gas.

It was good to see some old friends made the trip.

See you for the Seamonkey game.

Siena Still Stinks!

(I have to clean it up now that the 7 year old is my travel partner and President of the Blake Metcalf Fan Club)

Archived