UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium

uafootballLI

It's Liberty's Williams Stadium. I picked it because it has turf as our future stadium is supposed to.

ESPN has fantasy football..I figured why not fantasy stadium. While I was at it I put us in the A10.

Hopefully the real one isn't too far away.

Hopefully the 63 full rides are right behind. If we have 63 studs and another 35-40 walk ons that are 1AA caliber kids and we have Georgia Southern and Montana on the schedule 10k will be no problem. I was thinking 15k.

Whoooo Nelly....125,000 at the Purple Horseshoe...lol as Albany's mighty Great Danes face off against the Wolverines of Michigan(In my best Keith Jackson voice).

I am obviously bored here at work while I wait for the market to close!

If the stadium is built on university field, where will we play our home games during construction?

If they don't reorient the field, it might be possible to build one side of the grandstand at a time while continuing play. If not, there aren't many options available. I'd guess Heritage Park if it still exists, Bleecker Stadium or a high school field (CBA, Shen?) for a year. The better HS fields don't have a lot fewer seats than we have now. I don't know if any of them have artificial turf. Union or HVCC might also be possible.

Since there's no major demolition necessary, construction shouldn't take more than a year to at least get a playable field.

If, actually when, it gets done...expect an entire new field/stadium. There will be major construction in my opinion. I would suspect if it is on the same site we will play our home games at Union or HVCC as mentioned. Bleeker is a $ienahole and Guilderland would have the nicest local field...SHEN is too far.

I'd expect some scheduling conflicts if they played at another college. Everyone plays their games on Saturday afternoon.

To be brutally honest they could move the "away" bleachers over to the practice field and scrounge some other bleachers from the other fields and you probably have a better place than University Field. There would at least be some sunshine on the fans that way. As an added bonus Sutter's and Across the Street Pub are right there for burger and a beer at halftime!

Dane 96 - I respectfuuly disagree with your statement regarding the Guilderland football field. In my opinion, the best high school fields to play a college game on would be Colonie, CBA, Shenendehowa or LaSalle; although I have not yet been to the new Saratoga field, which I understand is pretty nice. Also, Union and RPI are both artificial turf, which we would not be practicing on. I am not familiar with HVCC's field; is it grass or artificial?

Edited by statefan

Statefan I take no offense to your comments. But I am confused....LaSalle plays at HVCC (or so I thought...actually I am nearly positive they do.) Albany Academy is weak, Shen is the best hands down...but way too far away. Colonie may be the exception....and isnt CBA's out in the 'Burbs somewhere. To me, to keep fans into it and to keep less of a strain on the players, I would think Guilderland would be the closest.

HVCC is grass...seats around 700 or so. RPI plays on a grass field...'86 field. The turf is not used for RPI football, which would lend itself nicely to UA as we could have the games to ourselves there. As for not practicing on turf, it is the opposite that hurts (ie. going from TURF TO GRASS). Our players will be much quicker on turf....it will help us a bit in our run oriented offense.

Dane 96 - this subject is so speculative that it's probably not worth our time, but just to clear up a couple of points. LaSalle built its own stadium about three years ago. CBA built its own stadium about 2 years ago and is located close to the airport. THe Guilderland field is out past Towasentha Park and has good bleachers on only one side of the field. The Class AA and A section II super bowls are held at Colonie and Shenendehowa, which have the best seating and parking. Without doing the legwork, I would guess that both Colonie and CBA are closer and easier to get to from the University.

More importantly, I don't think the University could be without a viable football field and honor its contract with the Giants.