UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ UNH

After last night I am really lost for words, so I probably should not comment at all ( I know a lot of you are saying YEH), but what the heck it is only a blog, so here is my 2¢.

First I think brook broke us, not BU. Brook beat us up to the point that we played BU well for 34-35 minutes but ran out of gas, due to the beating. But so what if it was BU or brook, we are definitely a broken team right now and I only hope the team can find a way to gut it out and finish strong {what that is I am not sure right now}.

Anyhow before the season and during ooc, we were all talking about a talented and deep team (where would we find the minutes for everyone). I think we were right about "talented", but wrong about deep. The bench has been inconsistent to BAD and has resulted in our talent being "tired". Watts has been bad, Jason inconsistent and both especially Guerrier have been asked to play multiple positions, never really getting comfortable in their roles. Puk has shown signs at times but lost more often than not (I do not know if his injuries are the cause). Rawley seems to be a man without a position--too small to play inside and too slow and no range to play out front (even though defensively he seems to be effective guarding the perimeter?). Hooley we lost for the season and Iati wasn't found soon enough! Tanner seems so afraid of making a mistake or turnover, he won't shoot, drive, or create and we become stagnant when he is in (even though I think he has the ability to do all three if his confidence allowed?) Lastly, I am going to count Blake with the bench/depth, because that was suppose to be his role until he was forced into the starting line-up (see inconsistent Puk). Blake other than the obvious (foul shooting) has been nothing but solid, but maybe has been given too many minutes (see Puk, Rowley).

Well, the bench is my excuse/scapegoat. Please ignore this post if you wish, disagree if you wish. Like I said, I am lost and just trying to use the blog to vent and help overcome my disappointment. A strong finish or an announcement soon to build it (the stadium--do not get me started). would "ease the pain".

best post of the year on this subject.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the entire AE conference, where do we think the Danes rank, talent-wise?

Are we overly generous when we say our team is very talented?

Isn't the answer to this 4th at this time.

There are some things they do better than other teams(drive and draw fouls for example) and some things they do less than other teams ( defend). You also have rebounding and shooting etc. How would you rank them there. I don't see their record being out of line with how they played overall so that would put "talent" at 4th.

I guess we would be ranked in the middle of the pack, top side offensively, bottom side defensively.

Question is, how do we improve the defense?

Anyone in favor of throwing in full and 3/4 presses for most of the game? Seemed as though for the limited

amount of time we pressed, we had good results. I'd like to see it applied more aggressively though.

At the very least, it would take off chunks of the opponent's offensive play clock.

I seem to say this every year, but, everyone makes it into the tournament... so it could be worse.

Anyone in favor of throwing in full and 3/4 presses for most of the game? Seemed as though for the limited

amount of time we pressed, we had good results. I'd like to see it applied more aggressively though.

At the very least, it would take off chunks of the opponent's offensive play clock.

Not good. Lack the stamina to complete a game with only limited pressure. Conditioning is apparently an issue.

Archived