UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ UNH

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another brutal loss...this team is in a free-fall...UNH is terrible, the same team we drilled at home. Only one up on Hartford in the loss column...this team has been broken by the BU loss. Kind of like the missed Derrick Tartt dunk...boy oh boy...This season has taken a bad turn.

Agreed.

About the only good thing you can say is that UNH beat Vermont as well.

Nothing good about this.

Another brutal loss...this team is in a free-fall...UNH is terrible, the same team we drilled at home. Only one up on Hartford in the loss column...this team has been broken by the BU loss. Kind of like the missed Derrick Tartt dunk...boy oh boy...This season has taken a bad turn.

Agreed.

About the only good thing you can say is that UNH beat Vermont as well.

Nothing good about this.

I can't help but look around the league...BU with a brand new coach and talent comparable to our is light years ahead of us right now. Look at UVM...lost their best player in Fjield, lost their coaching staff, lost their best recruit Kopriva, probably their best post player Apfield has been through terrible injuries, another big man has missed a bunch of time yet they are right on the heals of SBU.

In the meantime, we are fading quickly, two year removed from a 7 win season we still have no quality depth on the bench, no backup PG, donut team down low, a team that doesn't play any defense and a roster full of injured players. Our 15 wins look great until you look and see that it is against some of the worst teams in all of D1. How many years of this mediocrity? Maybe people are satisfied with competing once of twice a decade for an NCAA spot and then do nothing for the rest of the decade. Winners win and losers make excuses...everyone is tired at this point of the season. Sure, all of this can be explained away, the huge blown leads, the games given away, the lack of defensive focus...all of it! But enough already!

The conference is worse this year then last year and we will actually finish WORSE in the standings...think about that.

After last night I am really lost for words, so I probably should not comment at all ( I know a lot of you are saying YEH), but what the heck it is only a blog, so here is my 2¢.

First I think brook broke us, not BU. Brook beat us up to the point that we played BU well for 34-35 minutes but ran out of gas, due to the beating. But so what if it was BU or brook, we are definitely a broken team right now and I only hope the team can find a way to gut it out and finish strong {what that is I am not sure right now}.

Anyhow before the season and during ooc, we were all talking about a talented and deep team (where would we find the minutes for everyone). I think we were right about "talented", but wrong about deep. The bench has been inconsistent to BAD and has resulted in our talent being "tired". Watts has been bad, Jason inconsistent and both especially Guerrier have been asked to play multiple positions, never really getting comfortable in their roles. Puk has shown signs at times but lost more often than not (I do not know if his injuries are the cause). Rawley seems to be a man without a position--too small to play inside and too slow and no range to play out front (even though defensively he seems to be effective guarding the perimeter?). Hooley we lost for the season and Iati wasn't found soon enough! Tanner seems so afraid of making a mistake or turnover, he won't shoot, drive, or create and we become stagnant when he is in (even though I think he has the ability to do all three if his confidence allowed?) Lastly, I am going to count Blake with the bench/depth, because that was suppose to be his role until he was forced into the starting line-up (see inconsistent Puk). Blake other than the obvious (foul shooting) has been nothing but solid, but maybe has been given too many minutes (see Puk, Rowley).

Well, the bench is my excuse/scapegoat. Please ignore this post if you wish, disagree if you wish. Like I said, I am lost and just trying to use the blog to vent and help overcome my disappointment. A strong finish or an announcement soon to build it (the stadium--do not get me started). would "ease the pain".

Out of the entire AE conference, where do we think the Danes rank, talent-wise?

Are we overly generous when we say our team is very talented?

At this level guards win...you just need half competent bigs who can rebound and once in a while score. Our three guards of Logan/Mike/Gerardo are as talented as any in the conference on the offensive end...we have no depth and our bigs are limited. Why we have no depth 2+ years removed from the 7 win season is a question best asked of the coaching staff.

On the defensive end we have have an extremely flawed team that can't stop a nose bleed...in the BU game Gerardo was personally responsible for I believe 7 of their first 9 points...hand down -> man down. The only one who plays consistently solid defense is Mike.

To me it's a question of balance...who else on the roster can play any defense, there should have been a mix of strong offensive and strong defensive players who the coaching staff can mix and match combinations on the court. Or at least a few two way players...maybe not as spectacular on the offensive end but solid on the defensive end...like a Mike Black. What we have is two guards who are impossible to hide on the defensive end playing 30+ minutes a game. The guys behind them aren't much better on the defensive end.

In short...this roster is flawed!

Archived