UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the concrete under the 2nd level of seats will be in place, but the actual seats will be installed in the spring?

No. He means the second level of the tower. The tower will only have one level above the 2nd deck seating. From the design it looks like they've left space available to up one more level in the press box for additional suites.

The second deck seating is steel too, btw. Not concrete.

Woohoo! Steel going up for the press box/luxury suit tower I think or maybe even the second deck!

I beleve we're looking at these going up, but I'm not 100% sure because it could be the steel in the back. Just doesn't look tall enough to be the steel in the back.

b_112854.jpg

The other interesting thing from this picture is that the roof actually overhangs some of the seats. Never noticed that before.

Edited by danefan

Just got back online & BAM, more steel! Looks like both the steel under the seats and the front side of the building, right?

I think its the front and back of the press box tower. Remember the elevator tower is going to be one level higher than the first phase of the press box. It allows added expansion on top of the press box with one more level.

Edited by danefan

You're right. After relooking at the drawing above, it looks exactly the same as what we see. Why would the front steel be shorter than the back? I know nothing about large scale steel construction. What will the beams holding up the 2nd deck be made out of... steel or concrete?

Edited by uofalbany

You're right. After relooking at the drawing above, it looks exactly the same as what we see. Why would the front steel be shorter than the back? I know nothing about large scale steel construction. What will the beams holding up the 2nd deck be made out of... steel or concrete?

The front beams are shorter because the front of the tower that rises above the stands is glass. The steel runs all the way up the back to the roof.

Surprisingly, steel work continues today, a Saturday with a dusting of snow on the ground. Surprised because they didn't work on the day after Thanksgiving, in much better weather.

The T-U had big picture of the stadium work on A-1 today, but I haven't found it online yet.