UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Awesome.

One thing I am iffy on still...because I have heard differing things from what I see in the actual plans. Is that retaining wall going to rip around the stadium and stop at the other goal line? I.e. where the temp stands will sit...will there be a concrete retaining wall on that side that spans endzone to endzone, which is the visitors side.

I hope it does from a visual standpoint.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.

One thing I am iffy on still...because I have heard differing things from what I see in the actual plans. Is that retaining wall going to rip around the stadium and stop at the other goal line? I.e. where the temp stands will sit...will there be a concrete retaining wall on that side that spans endzone to endzone, which is the visitors side.

I hope it does from a visual standpoint.

The wall stops at what I believe will end up being the 10 yard line on the visitors side. the remainder of the visitors sideline will have chain link fence with what I believe will be covered with graphic mesh like what was just put up on the field hockey pitch. How it looks will depend entirely on what the visitors side temp bleachers look like. Im hoping they're right up against the fence anyway and create the effect of a wall.

Yep...that's what I thought.

What I don't get is why. what's wrong with building the pitch and put the front retaining wall up.

I'm assuming they did it this way to leave some flexibility for the visitor's side build-out, but that's just a guess.

True. Here is an example. If they don't go the Houston Dynamo/TSU BBVA Compass Stadium route of huge endzones....then we could be looking at a BMO Field Situation. I am going to be right next to this in my hotel in a couple of weeks. Impressive compact joint, though I prefer two tiers.

It seats just under 22,000...and it has a much LARGER visiting side than the tiered side. So...that could be the reason they didn't complete the other retaining wall.

BRUTUS-- aside from a cost issue of pouring concrete and digging, was their a reason for NOT extending the retaining wall in the design?

bmofield-soccerbleachersaerialview.jpg

East-stand-supporters-section-bmo-field.jpg

FYI...hard to tell from the aerial, but the non-tiered side really does sit more than the tiered side. It is an optical illusion on the tiered side. Also, in the goal side of the videoboard, they added a few thousand seats ALA LaValle Stadium endzone seating.

I'm not a big plan reader. Is there another level going up above what we see here or some sort of suites and press boxes?

Yes, what you see is only the lower level. Here is the full build out

Stadium4.jpg

Stadium1.jpg

Edited by madDOG

It looks like tomorrow is shaping up to be an eventful day at the construction site, as four trailers are lined up, each carrying a payload of pre-fabricated concrete risers for the lower bowl.

Still, I don't think the stadium will be ready for this year's last home game, as originally claimed.

prefab.png

When the build that deck...my guess is they will just pull out those tunnel walls. Unless for some reason they decide to have ambulance access that way.

I think the plan is to complete the OTHER endzone with the offices, etc...lockers...and the egress/ingress for the ambulance will come from that endzone.