UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be renderings and plans of future phases. The point has been made several times that this stadium is modular. We see the elevator already goes to a non-existent floor.

Has anyone seen those renderings?

The actual construction isn't too far off the original concept drawings. You can see the full original tower here with the additional level as well as the lower levels closed in which is also a later phase project.

b_125413.jpg

There must be renderings and plans of future phases. The point has been made several times that this stadium is modular. We see the elevator already goes to a non-existent floor.

Has anyone seen those renderings?

The actual construction isn't too far off the original concept drawings. You can see the full original tower here with the additional level as well as the lower levels closed in which is also a later phase project.

b_125413.jpg

I've asked this before but...Brutus, is there any chance to still achieve the vision above? Mind you, I'm not asking if it will happen (finances) or even should happen, I'm simply asking how far have we deviated from these original plans?

Just observing as an outsider and a construction ameteur, the way they are building the current structure, I would have to think something similar is still possible. Even the design documents have particular spots identified as "future" including the additiional level of the tower but also some of the work within the level of the tower that will be unfinished now.

On the south and east sides of the tower, away from the webcam, outside paneling is being installed (I thought I saw it yesterday on the southeast corner). Oddly, it's grey-colored rather than the sandstone of the bottom level.

fordfield030120132.jpg

fordfield03012013.jpg

While I was there, a guy was taking pictures for Channel 13, for a story on the budget/sequester, which doesn't sound encouraging.

Actually, I think the opposite. They are probably doing work right now inside the concessions, and the tower. I think most of the "heavy lifting" with that structure is going on right now.

Good to hear...I don't know much about construction...it's probably a case of it looking more unfinished then it really is...