UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked at the number of empty seats at the Tub, unless the storm warnings kept a lot of people away.

Fordham at Villanova pushed back to an 8:00 start to let the storms pass, Philly not that far from Newark, DE.

Hen fans onIne saying the hail warnings kept a lot of them away. Especially since the game is on nationally TV.

Edited by danefan

I never understood why a team would so closely copy another schools uniforms. I'm talking Delaware.

The helmet?

Delaware did invent the Wing T offense. But yes they weren't the first to wear th helmet. Princeton did first, but Delaware has worn them since the early 50s.

I never understood why a team would so closely copy another schools uniforms. I'm talking Delaware.

The helmet?

Delaware did invent the Wing T offense. But yes they weren't the first to wear th helmet. Princeton did first, but Delaware has worn them since the early 50s.

Isn't Princeton orange? Overall unis look a lot like Michigan, including the helmet. I don't know why a team would do that. I guess I shouldn't talk since UA's unis look so much like LSU but at least the helmets are different.

Interesting. Found this on Wikipedia about the helmets.

In 1950, David M. Nelson came on board as head coach.

During his years at UD, Nelson developed the Delaware Wing-T offensive system. This system, strongly rooted in running the football and deceptive fake hand-offs, became the identity of Delaware football for nearly 50 years. Nelson also brought with him another icon of Delaware football: the "winged" helmet. The iconic "Michigan" style helmet was developed by Nelson's coach at Michigan, Fritz Crisler (who first used the helmet design when he was head coach at Princeton (albeit in black and orange)). Nelson played for Crisler when Crisler was head coach at Michigan, and Nelson brought the helmet design with him where ever he coached (Hillsdale College, Harvard, Maine and Delaware).[5] Nelson stepped down as football coach in 1965, and in his 15 years (1951–1965), the Hens compiled an 84–42–2 (.664) record with one National Championship in 1963 and a bowl win over Kent State in the now defunct Refrigerator Bowl.

The helmet?

Isn't Princeton orange? Overall unis look a lot like Michigan, including the helmet. I don't know why a team would do that. I guess I shouldn't talk since UA's unis look so much like LSU but at least the helmets are different.

To me...no big deal.

Lot's of teams have used that design in the past...including Brown, Dartmouth...etc.

Edited by Dane96

Notre Dame to the ACC may have a big impact on who joins the CAA, IMO.

I am specifically thinking of what happens to App State. If, for whatever reason, the Big East looks towards CUSA for an all sports replacement, I have to think CUSA will immediately look at App State. If not, App State is basically stuck in the FCS for a while and I could see them moving all-sports to the CAA.

A long shot, but still possible IMO.

FYI

Delaware is the first game on the NBC Sports CAA package right now. It looks great. I can't wait to get some games on national TV.

I'm watching it as well...looks big-time. BTW...so glad we won't have a track around our field.

and T&F is so glad not to have straight lines on it's infield! :)

Edited by jalidanefan

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - there is going to be a great showcase of CAA football as the CAA NBCSports game of the week.

Towson at James Madison at 1pm on Saturday.

I know its on the same time as our game, but we start at noon so we should be done before this game and it will still be on when we're done.

James Madison has probably the best stadium in the whole of FCS.

Stadium%20Panoramic.JPG

Did any of you get to watch the game on NBCSN? I think Albany is going to be ecstatic if and when NBCSN comes to town. The coverage is superb. Far better than ESPN3, U, etc...

I checked it out...in fact every Saturday I check in for at least a little while to see what CAA team is playing. The production is top notch...really a great deal for the CAA.