UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Presidential Finalists

Phoenix

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not familiar with the inner workings of these procedings. Can some you guys with government or univeristy jobs tell me how it works ? And also, why candidates seem to drop out so often? And also, why none of the names seem to stir any excitement with me?

This is one of the lowest paying jobs in Northeast higher ed administration.

The Chancellor of the entire SUNY system makes significantly less than a lot of college presidents.

There's no wonder why the candidates are boring.

We are always going to be a stepping stone.

That...is true, and ridiculous at the same time. The President of this school is sitting on a goldmine with Nano, a growing goldmine with bio research, our other good programs...and one of the most fantastic graduate programs in the land (Rockefeller).

This job should be better paying.

My only hope is that we get one of the Cincy people. Maybe they follow Zympher's pro-athletics / pro-academic stance, which is something Dr. Hall shared as well.

Again, call me delusional but these are highly motivated, highly accomplished people who may and probably will surprise...I'm not down on any of them. Knowing from personal experience...some times all you need is a chance to shine. How do people become like the late Pres. Hall? Someone gave them a chance...#cuphalffull

I'll judge the president on the merits and performance once they get here.

As to the question why candidates drop out...simple, they've been informed they not in to the top 3 or top 5 or whatever. It's usually a face saving move...

Edited by Clickclack

Latest announcement by the University:

August 1, 2012

The Presidential Search Committee held a conference call August 1, 2012 to review the status of the search process in view of the Albany Times-Union’s publication of names of those they believed to be candidates. Co-chair Patricia Caldwell thanked the members for their dedication to the search process and expressed the frustration and disappointment that Search Committee members have conveyed over the newspaper’s article.

Given the current situation, the committee agreed with the recommendation of the co-chair and search consultant that the search process be accelerated and the candidate recommendations from the committee be sent directly to the University Council for their consideration consistent with the search guidelines. Noting that the search committee itself was widely representative of the campus and reflected the campus constituencies, the committee agreed that this action was necessary to address potentially further breaches of confidentiality and to show respect for the candidates.

Latest announcement by the University:

August 1, 2012

The Presidential Search Committee held a conference call August 1, 2012 to review the status of the search process in view of the Albany Times-Union’s publication of names of those they believed to be candidates. Co-chair Patricia Caldwell thanked the members for their dedication to the search process and expressed the frustration and disappointment that Search Committee members have conveyed over the newspaper’s article.

Given the current situation, the committee agreed with the recommendation of the co-chair and search consultant that the search process be accelerated and the candidate recommendations from the committee be sent directly to the University Council for their consideration consistent with the search guidelines. Noting that the search committee itself was widely representative of the campus and reflected the campus constituencies, the committee agreed that this action was necessary to address potentially further breaches of confidentiality and to show respect for the candidates.

I knew it. Same situation as last time. Thanks to the a-hole that leaked these names to the TU the search has been severely handicapped. I hope they uncover this douchebag and fire his/her ass.

Edited by madDOG

What a sad turn of events. One would have to think the idiot that rleased the information is a UA stakeholder and thus a supporter of the university so it is so sad that the opposite outcome came to fruition. Instead of helping the university they significantly hurt it. The person should be fired, plain and simple.

The presidential search process would

be best served by reducing the amount of people involved.

Agreed...I understand every group (students/professors etc.) want to have input but this process has been derailed numerous times obviously lose lips sink ships...the leadership should move to cut the number of people involved significantly is they start over.

I'm still pretty confident most..if not all..of the candidates the TU published are 'dropping out' because they're being told they're no longer a candidate. 9 people is not a finalist list..it's an interviewee list. Ballard was a finalist for the Kansas State job in 2009 and then 'dropped out.' A true 'finalist' list will consist of 3 candidates.

For some information..I believe Pres. Philip makes $280k right now. No idea what they're willing to offer. Ballard is currently making $315k at ECU.

Of the 4 who remain (Santiago, Roberts, Hardcastle and Montemagno)..my best guess is Carlos Santiago.

Edited by Phoenix