UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Expectations for this year 2012-13

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted +20. I hope you run this poll again in a couple of weeks; but most of us who saw the purple/gold scrimmage are pretty positive. For those of you who voted less than 14, I am curious if you were at the scrimmage? I know it is hard to judge from an in-house scrimmage, but man the team looked VERY GOOD that day. I am curious as to your negativism, but certainly respect your opinion.

I think enough time has passed from the Jamar years to be in the hunt for a championship...a .500 season again is simply treading water. I'd like to get deep in the AE tourney this year seeing how there are only 8 teams and it's on our home court.

- I expect much better defense and rebounding

- I expect the offense to run through Mike Black and for him to be a POY candidate

- I expect at least one or two more players on one of the All-AE teams at the end of the year...(looking at you Devlin)

- I expect the coaching staff to lead these guys with a calm and collected/prepared voice. The staff have been here a long time, good continuity and based on what I saw from the intra. scrimmage good report with the players. Put this team in position to be successful, build guys up and instill confidence in them.

Edited by Clickclack

I don't even have an isea who our real starting team will be? I figure they will go with the returners at the start of the season but after that I don't have a clue.

Black ? His talent isn't the question I have. My question is, is he willing to carry the load when things get tough????

Metcalf or Puk or both???? has Puk truly found himself as a player?

Luke - is he back to form or just a little better then what he was last season????

Can Iati and/or Evans play along side Black - that makes a miniscule backcourt.

Is Rowley a man without a true position?

Will Hooley ever be healthy - med RS last season, banged up right now? Evidently he was good in Canada last preseason but was hobbled most of this preseason. Alot of promise but no substance YET!

Guerrier - we know he can shoot - can he rebound enough to play some 4 can he defend enough to guard 3s?

Will Johnson and Wiegman adjust to DI and give us solid minutes or can either be a starter or a disappointment

Is RS Fr Chris Page committed to doing all the little things or is he just a streak shooter?

Tanner Gibson is out - how long?

With all those questions I still feel the team will be good - I just don't know how good

I chose 10-14 wins and was not at the scrimmage. I chose this because I have more questions than answers at this point. I don't want this to come off as negative though because I do think this team can be good from what I've read about the new players and have seen from the returning players. I just don't know enough to say this team will win 15+ games yet. Maybe after I see them play a few games I will have a different perspective.

I have two issues and I think they are huge ??? at this point. 1) Is this team going to be better defensively than the last couple years? I don't know and if they aren't it's going to be a long season. 2) Who is going to score the ball? I don't know. I'm sure someone or a few people will step up but we haven't seen anyone do it consistently for a full season, including Black, who I love and this is not a knock on him because he was never really the total focal point of the offense. Maybe I am making too much of losing our top two scorers but we did lose our top two scorers. Another big question mark for me.

I have more questions such as, what the rotation is going to be? How the minutes will be spread? Will we rebound better? How deep will the rotation be? Any answers we hear to these questions right now are pure speculation. Any thoughts on defense and scoring is pure speculation.

I chose 10-14 wins and was not at the scrimmage. I chose this because I have more questions than answers at this point. I don't want this to come off as negative though because I do think this team can be good from what I've read about the new players and have seen from the returning players. I just don't know enough to say this team will win 15+ games yet. Maybe after I see them play a few games I will have a different perspective.

I have two issues and I think they are huge ??? at this point. 1) Is this team going to be better defensively than the last couple years? I don't know and if they aren't it's going to be a long season. 2) Who is going to score the ball? I don't know. I'm sure someone or a few people will step up but we haven't seen anyone do it consistently for a full season, including Black, who I love and this is not a knock on him because he was never really the total focal point of the offense. Maybe I am making too much of losing our top two scorers but we did lose our top two scorers. Another big question mark for me.

I have more questions such as, what the rotation is going to be? How the minutes will be spread? Will we rebound better? How deep will the rotation be? Any answers we hear to these questions right now are pure speculation. Any thoughts on defense and scoring is pure speculation.

I think your two questions are VERY fair...I think many of us have the same questions.

I share some of those questions also. I've been optimistic because we did play at least two games without Logan and Suero last season. We were better on defense against Vermont - Iati missed a three at the end to tie if I remember right. Also against Rider which was our best win of the year going by the RPI.

I went with 15-19. I was unable to make the open practice so it's basically a guess based on what I've read and what I know of the returning players. More importantly it's based on the league. There are always a handful of teams that are very bad in this conference every year. Somewhere in the .500 are should be a given.

For me I need >20 for it to start to be a successful season.

A couple games at the end of the year doesn't translate into a full season of solid defense. Again, I don't want to be called negative for this because I want this team to be good and I think they can be but I can't get myself to buy into any preseason hype anymore. I need/want to see it consistently on the court. GO DANES!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...