UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA/Siena Game Future if No Changes

UA/Siena Game Future if No Changes  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is all moot.

Folks...the game is not going away...and in a few years when we truly have taken over the region with the stadium...etc...and become ALBANY's school...this inequity will change.

Bank it.

This.

With the stadium, football playing better competition...it's going to bring in hopefully better football recruits. This will help put Albany on a bigger stage. This will, IMO, trickle down to the other teams to an extent as Albany makes a name for itself.

Then, with the new nanotech facility, you're bringing in likely smarter kids and thus making Albany a better educational institution which some athletes want (to get their degrees as it's very hard to become a professional after your playing days are done).

Bottom line, in a short time, Albany will be THE school within a 100 mile radius of the TUC.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can travel to Patrick Gym... they can get their arse over here...if not CANCEL IT! Boo HOO people will get locked out...especially if they are Siena fans. Shut your mouth and watch it on TW3. We owe them NOTHING...in the years the game is at SEFCU they can bring in Stanford and pack the house with 12k fans as they think they (Siena) are the draw. Enough is enough...I'm also vehemently against us "hosting it"...when we play zero games there all season it's not and will not ever be our home court. If we move a few games a year there on a regular basis then I'll consider it.

I've let my feelings to McElroy known and will do the same to the new President. If the next contract calls for similar terms I won't be there...

The way things are going at the SEFCU attendance wise I bet it will be a 50/50 split if it was played there. Our Athletic dept is either garbage or we just don't have fans. I'm still baffled on how we only drew only 2500. Whether it's the students or the locals someone needs to do their part. Coach's tweet the other day summed it all up when he said that people were tweeting him for tix on Saturday, but no tweets for Monday's game against Wagner. I just don't get it.

Where are all these fans that show up for the football games during the fall?

If the game were held at SEFCU first offer it to UA fans/students...as many that want to get in and then open the rest up. Trust me, if the news goes out that SEFCU is hosting this game...the students and casual UA supporters that wear purple to the TUC will scoop up most of the tickets. You give/reserve for Siena the customary 200 tickets or what not that most traveling programs get from their host.

How would you offer it UA fans first? The season ticket holders would have theirs already and the rest would go on sale to the public and Siena fans would come in and just buy them all up.

there are any number of ways to give Albany fans priority. 3 off the top of my head

1) mini plans with multiple games sold before individual tixs

2) season ticket holders are allowed to buy extra tickets for the LCC game in some ratio to the number of their season tickets in their account.

3) Albany alumni given a presale. They should have records as to who alumni are.

Number 2 and 3 were done during the AE Championship game we hosted. I believe the idea was to keep Vermont fans from buying them which I'm sure they would have.

If they can travel to Patrick Gym... they can get their arse over here...if not CANCEL IT! Boo HOO people will get locked out...especially if they are Siena fans. Shut your mouth and watch it on TW3. We owe them NOTHING...in the years the game is at SEFCU they can bring in Stanford and pack the house with 12k fans as they think they (Siena) are the draw. Enough is enough...I'm also vehemently against us "hosting it"...when we play zero games there all season it's not and will not ever be our home court. If we move a few games a year there on a regular basis then I'll consider it.

I've let my feelings to McElroy known and will do the same to the new President. If the next contract calls for similar terms I won't be there...

The way things are going at the SEFCU attendance wise I bet it will be a 50/50 split if it was played there. Our Athletic dept is either garbage or we just don't have fans. I'm still baffled on how we only drew only 2500. Whether it's the students or the locals someone needs to do their part. Coach's tweet the other day summed it all up when he said that people were tweeting him for tix on Saturday, but no tweets for Monday's game against Wagner. I just don't get it.

Where are all these fans that show up for the football games during the fall?

If the game were held at SEFCU first offer it to UA fans/students...as many that want to get in and then open the rest up. Trust me, if the news goes out that SEFCU is hosting this game...the students and casual UA supporters that wear purple to the TUC will scoop up most of the tickets. You give/reserve for Siena the customary 200 tickets or what not that most traveling programs get from their host.

How would you offer it UA fans first? The season ticket holders would have theirs already and the rest would go on sale to the public and Siena fans would come in and just buy them all up.

there are any number of ways to give Albany fans priority. 3 off the top of my head

1) mini plans with multiple games sold before individual tixs

2) season ticket holders are allowed to buy extra tickets for the LCC game in some ratio to the number of their season tickets in their account.

3) Albany alumni given a presale. They should have records as to who alumni are.

Number 2 and 3 were done during the AE Championship game we hosted. I believe the idea was to keep Vermont fans from buying them which I'm sure they would have.

All 3 are fairly common and I am sure I am forgetting some others.

For # 1 most major league teams have some variation of this. Red Sox do 4 packs and those go on sale Saturday. If you want to buy a yankee-Red Sox game from the red sox box office, you buy season tixs, certain 4 packs or pray you get selected on lottery for the remaining individual game tickets. The mets also try to sell the yankee games in multi game packs before they go on sale as individual games.

Also Vermont did similar to #2 and3 when the hosted the AE championship. Obviously I got my ticket though Albany when we played there. But a recent year when they played BU, oddly enough Vermont still had some tickets left when they got to the general public sale on Thursday so I went up there. It probably helped that BU did not sell their allotment which was no surprise to anyone.