UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA/Siena Game Future if No Changes

UA/Siena Game Future if No Changes  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If UA can't negotiate a home/away w/ Siena would you prefer..?

Just curious as to what those on the board think about it if nothing changes.

(my first poll so I wasn't sure if I was to click 'make votes public'.. if you vote and can't see the results let me know and I'll redo the poll).

Edited by MsGDG

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once this contract expires...a TRUE home and home or cut the game. They don't have to give us any allotment beyond what is customery for an away team and we do the same to them...they keep all the proceeds from the TUC game and we get the home court advantage and gate when we host it.

It's ABSOLUTE BS that this has gone on in it's present form this long. How many games ended by a posetion or two? How many more would have been wins if we were on our own court?

Every single year the same topic comes up, like beating a dead horse. But its fun participating none the less.

The reason the $iena program has the following they have is playing at the big arena downtown, regardless of who sponsors it.

The arena attracts much more interest from recruits than sefcu does. Being downtown, in the arena, creates an energy and excitement.

The big university in the city should be using the city arena for its home games, and if we did, we'd pull in much MORE fans than they do.

Then, each year the home team should be alternated in the rivalry, playing ONCE a year.

Every single year the same topic comes up, like beating a dead horse. But its fun participating none the less.

The reason the $iena program has the following they have is playing at the big arena downtown, regardless of who sponsors it.

The arena attracts much more interest from recruits than sefcu does. Being downtown, in the arena, creates an energy and excitement.

The big university in the city should be using the city arena for its home games, and if we did, we'd pull in much MORE fans than they do.

Then, each year the home team should be alternated in the rivalry, playing ONCE a year.

I was a recruit and I couldn't disagree more. An arena packed (e.g. SEFCU) vs. a bagged big arena is what most of my friends and I would have wanted at the DI level.

This is all moot.

Folks...the game is not going away...and in a few years when we truly have taken over the region with the stadium...etc...and become ALBANY's school...this inequity will change.

Bank it.

+1...especially if Siena continues to flounder...speaking of Siena. Man their program has come upon hard times...we need to pounce now and continue to press them on all fronts. If they strike out on their next coaching hire they may be in a world of hurt...

Edited by Clickclack

Just like football upgraded and moved to the CAA, so should the rest of our programs. A school like Albany should be in a conference

like the CAA at the very minimum. If we talk about staying small and being content with smalbany mentality, then we'd never

fill the arena anyhow. On that note, I'd recommend staying at SEFCU. But, its all in where we want this monster to go. Do we upgrade,

or do we stay in low mid major level? If our goals are big, plan on playing at the arena. If they remain small, stay at the sefcu and

perform a significant renovation.

Once this contract expires...a TRUE home and home or cut the game. They don't have to give us any allotment beyond what is customery for an away team and we do the same to them...they keep all the proceeds from the TUC game and we get the home court advantage and gate when we host it.

It's ABSOLUTE BS that this has gone on in it's present form this long. How many games ended by a posetion or two? How many more would have been wins if we were on our own court?

I agree 98%. Subtract 2% because I say get out of current contract and do something fair NOW>

This is all moot.

Folks...the game is not going away...and in a few years when we truly have taken over the region with the stadium...etc...and become ALBANY's school...this inequity will change.

Bank it.

It hopefully will be moot in the future, but for now it is not.

Why our admin has to wait until that point to get an equitable deal, I'll never understand. Like I have said in the past they have political concerns to worry about, but I would be hard pressed to find another example where the areas university plays at the areas community college ever year with very little benefit to the university.

This is all moot.

Bank it.

+1...especially if Siena continues to flounder...speaking of Siena. Man their program has come upon hard times...we need to pounce now and continue to press them on all fronts. If they strike out on their next coaching hire they may be in a world of hurt...

That would get keep them in line with everything else at that community college and be more than OK with me.

One thing I've never understood about this game. If they wanted to maximize the profits for this game why don't they make it a stand-alone game and not include it in either fan bases season tickets?

The way it is now you're getting 10,000 people but maybe half the people have that game ticket included in their season ticket package so you aren't making any more $$ out of it. If it was a stand-alone game where you divided the arena in half you'd sell every single one of those 10,0000 tickets instead of just half. Is that greedy?

Also, the women's game really, really needs to be it's own game and not played at the TUC. They should have their own day and that game should go back and forth between the ARC and Sefcu. If it were promoted it could be a really fun game on it's own.

Edited by Dane Pound

Here is more genius from two of our favorite sports writers at the TU. It amazing that they can never say anything posive about UA. Dane96 was right in his post....soon we will rule the capital area.

http://www.timesunio...-Go-4072698.php

no surprise there. those horses asses' pretty much write that same nonsense every year a couple of days before the game.