UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maybe this is "succession" planning (McCarthy and Christ). Goes to what you were saying the Mike won't want the Head Coaching job after he leaves.

I am sure he keeps the same pay and all...

I could still see McCarthy as OC, Christ as DC and Rossamondo as HC.

Both McCarthy and Christ were coaches while Rossomondo was here.

I do think Rossomundo would be a good head coach for UA with those two as Coordinators. Man, I wish Simpson wanted the job. I would have loved to seen him as the head man at some point. His players love this guy as well. He is still tight with many of his former players from my era. That says it all.

I think the HC job @ UA after Coach calls it a day may need a bigger name, maybe Im wrong. I imagine the UA job will be a very good job to have once the program is up to speed in the CAA.

I had always envisioned/hoped my buddy Lou Anaurumo (DB Coach with the Miami Dolphins) who has extensive ties to Albany players and friends from my era would become coach. But he will be an NFL head coach in a few years IMHO.

Now that I think about it, Chuck Priore was unknown when he took over at SBU. Most coaches at this level are unknown.

Edited by Ruler

Whom ever the University hires when that inevitable day comes and Coach Ford retires...they better be prepared to pay and pay big...no one of any quality is going to give UA the discount Bob Ford has been giving the school. We are talking 400-500k if not more.

You want to win you gotta pay for the best...

Edited by Clickclack

Whom ever the University hires when that inevitable day comes and Coach Ford retires...they better be prepared to pay and pay big...no one of any quality is going to give UA the discount Bob Ford has been giving the school. We are talking 400-500k if not more.

You want to win you gotta pay for the best...

I would think its probably going to be somewhere in the $250-$300k range for a top quality FCS head coach. Plus all the perks of being a NYS Employee. That's around what Priore makes.

Cosgrove of Maine, 20-year veteran, just reupped for $187K for the next three years. (That now includes his car allowance and country club membership).

Here's a thread from a couple of years ago on FCS coaching salaries. Probably add 30-50K since then.

http://www.anygivens...your coach paid

CAA salaries for 2009:

1. K.C. Keeler, Delaware, $310,662

2. Mickey Matthews, James Madison, $248,000

3. Sean McDonnell, New Hampshire, $183,000

4. Jimmye Laycock, William & Mary, $179,400

5. Rob Ambrose, Towson, $169,200

6. Jack Cosgrove, Maine, $155,000

Edited by UAalum72

I remember Pete...but this video is amazing. If Ford retires in the next two years (frankly, I think he is at Albany for 2-3 more and that's it)...the first AND ONLY call is to Pete!!!

Sure, accept resumes...but this guy gets the program...is a good man...is articulate...and can COACH. And he recruits in a tough place to recruit a kid to come to school!