UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the $2.4M is not what they raised in that one week, I think this one week they raised ~ $100K. The $2.4M is probably total raised for the stadium through regular donations. I heard there will be ~200 names on the plaque. The 200 names includes anyone in the week long fundraiser as well as anyone who had previously donated at the level towards the stadium over the past few years.

Edited by MsGDG

I believe the $2.4M is not what they raised in that one week, I think this one week they raised ~ $100K. The $2.4M is probably total raised for the stadium through regular donations. I heard there will be ~200 names on the plaque. The 200 names includes anyone in the week long fundraiser as well as anyone who had previously donated at the level towards the stadium over the past few years.

I think you are correct. I've also heard they raised about $100k this week.

If they did it 10 yrs ago, Every donor would be up in arms after nothing happened for 8 yrs.

Well that is certainly one way to look at it.

The other way is that they would have raised enough money to have built the thing 5 years ago.

20/20 hindsight though.

4 weeks until we're there!

Wasn't the initial goal to raise $2 million in private donations, after one donor came through with $1 million, and a matching plan? Or do I have the numbers confused?

Regarding fund raising strategies - Remember that the University has many fund raising efforts going on at any one time. They try hard to organize the efforts so as not to overwhelm regular donors and not compete against each other for corporate / small business ... . Because of this Athletics is not always in control of the fund raising it's allowed to do.

• 1 month later...

Early indications that phase 2 is seriously being considered.

Think about it. $200 split over 2 semesters is approximately 2.4 million dollars. Four year cycle = $9.2. I think Brutus said my math was close that it will take 27-40 million to finish the stadium (good stadium vs. super duper bells and whistles).

9.2 million would go a loooooong way.

Early indications that phase 2 is seriously being considered.

Are these tweets about funding to pay off the existing stadium or about raising money for future stadium expansion?