UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to invest in a poncho lol.

I'm also saying around 6000. That was my guess for the opener, which got DESTROYED. If we won, I would have said 9000, but since we lost, fair weather fans won't show up.

Edited by Ilko

Back to the BoFo for round two. Hope the dismal first week performance doesn't hurt attendance too much. The posts on this website noted most of the logistical flaws for the opening of the stadium (the kicker smashing the scoreboard, lax security in the parking lot etc.) but on balance almost everything went pretty smoothly. The venue was breathtaking. The parasailing beginning was cool. The beer garden was a welcome sight. The crowd was a terrific surprise. Even the weather cooperated. Some of the posts mentioned the potential of food, merchandise and other revenues for the program. These could all use an upgrade to maximize the take. Lines are too long at the concession stands (and non-stop unlike before when they were only crowded at half time). More and better food with more help and a streamlined cash out. If necessary, the merchandise booths should be moved elsewhere to provide more room for food expansion - or maybe even more remote locations. Nevertheless it was nice to whet our taste buds as to what big time college football is like.

On the concession issue - I had expected to see concessions at the top of the berm. Brutus had confirmed that they put in the power stations for those concessions but I didn't see them. Maybe only day games?

That would have helped the line inside the concourse.

Did I mention there's a beer garden? If I was an of-age student, I'd be sphere a half hour before the game and not move. You can watch the whole game from there.

On the concession issue - I had expected to see concessions at the top of the berm. Brutus had confirmed that they put in the power stations for those concessions but I didn't see them. Maybe only day games?

Did I mention there's a beer garden? If I was an of-age student, I'd be sphere a half hour before the game and not move. You can watch the whole game from there.

I thought I saw food by the berm, right near the entrance.

If so , that's great. I didn't make it down there and I may or may not have had a number of Pops before getting into my seats and promptly not really sitting the rest of the game. So if it was there, add another two on the other side!

If so , that's great. I didn't make it down there and I may or may not have had a number of Pops before getting into my seats and promptly not really sitting the rest of the game. So if it was there, add another two on the other side!

Agree. I was amazed at the lines for the concession stands being long almost the ENTIRE game.

They were grilling for most of the game in the northwest corner of the berm, but with long lines from those concessions obstructing the sidewalk, they might need to tweak some of the logistics. Still, it is great seeing so much money change hands.

As somebody that didn't have a final number for ticket requests until early Saturday afternoon, forcing us to the visitor's side, I am forced to ask if there were vendors walking through the home-side stands.

Thanks.

They were grilling for most of the game in the northwest corner of the berm, but with long lines from those concessions obstructing the sidewalk, they might need to tweak some of the logistics. Still, it is great seeing so much money change hands.

As somebody that didn't have a final number for ticket requests until early Saturday afternoon, forcing us to the visitor's side, I am forced to ask if there were vendors walking through the home-side stands.

Thanks.

Did not see any walking vendors.

Thanks.

I did in section 103. Candy only.

Thanks.

I did in section 103. Candy only.

good to know. I didn't see any in the upper deck.