UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Hartford (1/04/14 7:00)

Hartford has played pretty well their last couple of games. Last year Puk did a good job on NwaKamma. He got his points but had to take a lot of shots to get them in both games.

Rebounding was our big key and probably is again this year.

We've certainly been torched by some teams from deep..Bucknell, Colgate, Drake..but that narrative has pushed us to ignore games where opponents have shot poorly from three. Pitt went 1-10 and Yale went 4-19. Opposing teams are shooting 35.6% against us..good for 234th out of 351..a bit below average..but not exactly awful. I think the tough part is when teams shoot well against us..they shoot VERY well. And it's happened more than once. Vermont, Binghamton and Maine all 'defend' the three worse than UA.

Edited by Phoenix

http://blog.timesuni...hartford/16891/

School record sixteen three-pointers made, on season-high 23 attempts. Six for Hooley (25 pts.), six for DJ (20 pts.)

Crowd of 2,556 was a pleasant surprise with school closed - maybe people wanted to get out of the house after this week's cold.

Edited by UAalum72

The 3's were obviously the story but wow did we destroy them on the boards. They almost didn't try to get rebounds. Shot would go up and they would head back on defense.

Fun game and good to see us have some real success from the outside.

The coaches seem to really like each other.

I thought Puk did a great job on Nkwama. We doubled him more in the second half, but Puk only got beat a couple times which is to be expected. Only picked up 1 foul, 8 points and got 9 rebounds. That's a pretty solid game. I ope it becomes the norm.

It was a good game for interested spectators - Joe Cremo from Scotia was in the house and I heard Max Twyman was also in attendance. I'm sure they liked what they saw!

Jason Siggers was also at the game - the bad thing is he has used up his eligibility but playing well in France!!!!

Mike Black just signed with a Team in England!