UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BPG vs. UVM

Offense was working? Maybe you had a different feed. Vt had far more uncontested lay ups. Open 3. Etc. Should Ua have hit some more shots? Maybe but they had very few open looks. You don't score 83 combined points against your rival and get to claim poor shooting. Especially since you're not a big outside shooting team to begin with. You push the ball inside. Then penetrate and rotate off the ball. None if that happened.

This was a bad game plan executed badly. I'm shocked there were no comments about WBs overall coaching record compared to his contemporaries, that I posted yesterday.

Best you are certainly welcome to your opinion. I did not need a "feed", I was at the game. I did not see the game at vt and can not comment; but in Saturdays game we got as many fast breaks as vt and they made theirs and we missed ours. We had players to the rim and not finish; short base line jumpers wide open {Luke and Gary both missed two each that they normally hit}; not to mention we were 2 for 15 from the 3. These were not contested threes and if we make 5 [only 1/3] instead of only two, we win the game. If vts defense is that good and our offense that bad, why were we open ALL night. Again, I respect your opinion and I have no answer for the poor shooting (maybe inexperience, maybe nerves, who knows), but from where I was sitting we DID NOT struggle to get open looks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense was working? Maybe you had a different feed. Vt had far more uncontested lay ups. Open 3. Etc. Should Ua have hit some more shots? Maybe but they had very few open looks. You don't score 83 combined points against your rival and get to claim poor shooting. Especially since you're not a big outside shooting team to begin with. You push the ball inside. Then penetrate and rotate off the ball. None if that happened.

This was a bad game plan executed badly. I'm shocked there were no comments about WBs overall coaching record compared to his contemporaries, that I posted yesterday.

Best you are certainly welcome to your opinion. I did not need a "feed", I was at the game. I did not see the game at vt and can not comment; but in Saturdays game we got as many fast breaks as vt and they made theirs and we missed ours. We had players to the rim and not finish; short base line jumpers wide open {Luke and Gary both missed two each that they normally hit}; not to mention we were 2 for 15 from the 3. These were not contested threes and if we make 5 [only 1/3] instead of only two, we win the game. If vts defense is that good and our offense that bad, why were we open ALL night. Again, I respect your opinion and I have no answer for the poor shooting (maybe inexperience, maybe nerves, who knows), but from where I was sitting we DID NOT struggle to get open looks.

As a result of missed shot after missed shot (2 air-balls) UVM took away any driving lanes.

You push the ball inside. Then penetrate and rotate off the ball. None of that happened.

This was a bad game plan executed badly.

This, I will agree with....

We have the talent to beat UVM... we seem to always do in the tournament. Remember Tromboli? We ruined his post season career :)

It boils down to that last statement of yours. Inconsistent game plans. Hard to execute inconsistent game plans.

Here's something to chew on, or in my case, get stuck in your craw, for all you folks obsessed with your cross-town "rival."

Mark Singelais@MarkSingelais 2m

UAlbany & Siena men's basketball are back-to-back in the latest RPI, per http://rpiratings.com . UAlbany No. 206, Siena No. 207.

Here's something to chew on, or in my case, get stuck in your craw, for all you folks obsessed with your cross-town "rival."

UAlbany & Siena men's basketball are back-to-back in the latest RPI, per http://rpiratings.com . UAlbany No. 206, Siena No. 207.

BOOO!!!! One team is rebuilding off of a complete WRECK.

Edited by Clickclack

BOOO!!!! One team is rebuilding off of a complete WRECK.

Save a screenshot, because it might be the last time in a while we are ahead. As much as it pains me to say so, I think Patsos will turn them around fairly quickly.

So Ede checks into the game for the first time and the VT fan a few seats over from me yells..........hey 15 didn't I see you in the movie Captain Phillips...........CLASSY

Speaking of Ede, I'd actually like to see him as our back-up power forward rather than our #3 small forward after Dallas. As he showed when he had his chances earlier this year, he can score and could help, especially when we're struggling to score.

Sam Rowley had two points in our loss in Burlington and four points the other night. Those fouls he picks up near half-court drive me up the wall. They took him out of the game the other night and he's too important to what we do to have him sitting on the bench.