UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Part of Western Avenue Renamed Coach Bob Ford Way

I'm wondering exactly how much the city renamed, since Western Ave. crosses the city line just short of the entrance to the University.

There was a sellout crowd of 400 at SEFCU arena, probably at least half of them former players. The party carried over to the Across the Street Pub afterward.

I believe the area renamed is the section between the campus. Wish I could have made Saturday; I was at the Emmy's where my gf won her 13th for Investigative Reporting. I think you all know which event I was supposed to attend... ;)

Speaking of things named after Coach Ford, any word on the new bleachers at BoFo?

Didn't hear anything.

While checking the Facilities Management site, I saw a pdf of upcoming capital construction. Expansion of the Campus Center is supposed to start this month. Hadn't heard that the U acquired the old Albany High School building last year, to be used for meeting and classroom space. Nothing in the report about any more athletic facilities, but the CC includes a student fitness area.

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/documents/Apr2014-presentation-narrative.pdf

Also had a panorama of the completed Track and Field facility

Track_Panorama.png

Speaking of things named after Coach Ford, any word on the new bleachers at BoFo?

Didn't hear anything.

While checking the Facilities Management site, I saw a pdf of upcoming capital construction. Expansion of the Campus Center is supposed to start this month. Hadn't heard that the U acquired the old Albany High School building last year, to be used for meeting and classroom space. Nothing in the report about any more athletic facilities, but the CC includes a student fitness area.

http://www.albany.ed...n-narrative.pdf

Nice find!

Major kudos to the University on all the IMPRESSIVE facility upgrades. I can't believe how (dare I say) beautiful the campus is shaping up to be. The new campus center extension looks incredible, along with the data center, Mohawk Tower gut reno, landscaping, water tower and fountain, new entry way plaza and of course the Athletics facilities...WOW.

Edited by madDOG

Hmmm...short implementation period of 5 days, plus no mention of design. Presume that Heery already made the design. Cost is $400 - $600k. Bleachers go from anywhere from $100 a seat to over $1000 per seat, the latter being chair-back style, including design and implementation. Knock off some from design, and depending on the style of bleacher, we are likely getting anywhere from 2000 - 3000 seats.

If we see I-Beam grandstands go in, expect them to be there for a LOOOOONG while. Probably on the lower end of total number of seats. If we see A-Frames go in, expect them to be there for less of a period of time.

Edited by Dane96

Interesting the E-Tec is going to have a parking garage. This could be used during game day when we have a larger stadium.

See also on page 129 the CDTA planning for the "Purple Line" bus rapid transit route as an offshoot of the Western Ave. line, connecting the Harriman Campus, UA and CNSE. The roadwork needed for the concept route shown would also open easy access from Bob Ford Field to the parking lots on the state campus, which aren't in use on weekends during football games.

Any chance some of that $3M miscellaneous or other category will be used on stadium expansion?

The $18M used to build the stadium was never expressly targeted. Seems like a smart way of doing it.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

The pdf document is about capital construction. Any possibility the bleachers, being replacement for what may have been budgeted as yearly rentals of temporary seating, are not under "capital expenditures"'? IIRC the rental was $150K/yr, so the RFP represents three or four years' rental expense.