UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

No umbrella policy is great. Umbrellas have no place inside a stadium.

The 10x10 tent policy is interesting. i think we (Football Alumni) group are the only ones to put up a tent that was bigger than 10x10 and that was approved by the university.

I'm sure they're not going to ding anyone for a 10x15 or 10x20 pop up tent. They probably just don't want people to bring commercial tents and install them on gameday. Which makes sense.

Any mention on alcohol? They've never bothered anyone, but I'd be curious to know what the actual rule is.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No umbrella policy is great. Umbrellas have no place inside a stadium.

The 10x10 tent policy is interesting. i think we (Football Alumni) group are the only ones to put up a tent that was bigger than 10x10 and that was approved by the university.

I'm sure they're not going to ding anyone for a 10x15 or 10x20 pop up tent. They probably just don't want people to bring commercial tents and install them on gameday. Which makes sense.

Any mention on alcohol? They've never bothered anyone, but I'd be curious to know what the actual rule is.

There were at least one other group that had a large tent... we pig roasted last year. It says tents must be an extension of your vehicle. Only thing they mention about liquids is that glass containers are prohibited..no specific mention of alcohol.

This may have been posted... but I figured I'd paste it here either way:

NEW FOR 2014 SEASON, UAlbany Athletics will have a special offer for Gold Seats.

Everyone who donates $1,000 to Athletics will be eligible to purchase up to 4 gold seats.

Everyone who donates $500 to Athletics will be eligible to purchase up to 2 gold seats.

Edited by MsGDG

Just went through some of the pictures on Facebook and on the Troy Record site and didn't see #63 (Mike Madaras) or #30 (Martel Williams) in the position pictures - some of the images were a little blurry but curious if they are here. Pictures also showed Nicastro with the Inside Linebackers - assume that's one of the position changes that were talked about.

Also, the website still doesn't show freshman Greg Reaves or Zee Roberson so assuming that they aren't here.

Looking forward to the season.

Edit for links to pictures

http://media.troyrecord.com/2014/08/06/photos-ualbany-football-media-day/#1

Edited by reeder

Not afraid of a challenge - Iorizzo column on coach Gattuso's life path to Albany.

Looks like coach is going with a different style from Bob Ford's straw hat

628x471.jpg

In other news, Rashad Barksdale and Don Mion were inducted into the Capital Region Football Hall of Fame last night.

Ty Curran will go into the UA Hall of Fame this September 27, along with Mari Warner, Liz Tucker, and the 1984 Men and Women X-country teams.

Edited by UAalum72

These are really some of the most lax tailgating rules I've seen. I love it!

Basically - don't be an idiot and have a good time.

The one thing I did notice is "no re-entry" policy. I wonder if this applies to halftime too?

Edited by danefan

Scrimmage was this afternoon, all QBs got playing time. I only saw the second half, the power running game looked good but I don't remember them trying to run outside. Of course you don't know if the O is good or the D not so much. Whoever was on the first-team field goal unit (#47 not listed on the roster) finished the scrimmage with four straight good kicks from increasing distances out to 45 yards. Earlier there had been a couple of botched snaps on extra points (maybe not the first team).

Next Saturday will be at 6:00

I think field hockey beat Syracuse 3-1 in an exhibition, but they may have been adding another period on the end.