UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ SFUPA 12/6

Some positives. 44 points in the second half..big win on the boards..not too many TOs..took 11 more shots than SFUPA..18-23 from the charity stripe.

But if you don't hit shots then you don't win..pretty simple. Sam goes 7-12 from the floor..but he can't be the only guy doing anything on offense. The rest of the team goes 12-40 (30%). Baker follows a 1-8 game with a 1-5 game. Dallas goes 1-8. Hooley continues to struggle from the floor. The team misses 19 three-point attempts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I sound like a broken record, but you shoot foul shots and obviously jump shots with your legs. You get rebounds with blocking out and jumping (your legs). Someone said we are a better team when we push (I agree 100%); but again you rebound and RUN with your legs. This team is tired period and it is a LONG season yet. Coach has to find a way to get them some rest, but with the schedule he has made, I do not see it. Maybe, Brown thinks theses long bus rides are restful. I am and have always been a Brown supporter (and not just when he wins), but the schedule he has put together this year in my opinion is not helping this team develop.

If they continue to schedule only 4 home games (occ) maybe they should give a season ticket discount. Brook, Vt, Hartford all schedule less than D1 home games, why not us?

What does playing against a D2 or D3 team do for our team? Thats one thing I never understood about our other AE teams. Is it so they can have another live practice/scrimmage or to just get a W?

I get traveling far to play larger teams may not make sense to everyone. But I'd rather just play regular D1 teams like Patriot or MACC...than play a D2 or D3 if people don't think traveling to play big teams is good for them.

I know I sound like a broken record, but you shoot foul shots and obviously jump shots with your legs. You get rebounds with blocking out and jumping (your legs). Someone said we are a better team when we push (I agree 100%); but again you rebound and RUN with your legs. This team is tired period and it is a LONG season yet. Coach has to find a way to get them some rest, but with the schedule he has made, I do not see it. Maybe, Brown thinks theses long bus rides are restful. I am and have always been a Brown supporter (and not just when he wins), but the schedule he has put together this year in my opinion is not helping this team develop.

If they continue to schedule only 4 home games (occ) maybe they should give a season ticket discount. Brook, Vt, Hartford all schedule less than D1 home games, why not us?

Scheduling sub d1 games to me is ENTIRELY unacceptable. This tired nonsense is an excuse and nothing less. What, we're they not tired in the second half and trippled their offensive output? It's the 7th game of the season, not the 27th.

Scheduling sub d1 games to me is ENTIRELY unacceptable. This tired nonsense is an excuse and nothing less. What, we're they not tired in the second half and trippled their offensive output? It's the 7th game of the season, not the 27th.

Yup being tired is a bad excuse. They are 18-22 year olds. I didn't know what tired was at that age lol.

What does playing against a D2 or D3 team do for our team? Thats one thing I never understood about our other AE teams. Is it so they can have another live practice/scrimmage or to just get a W?

I get traveling far to play larger teams may not make sense to everyone. But I'd rather just play regular D1 teams like Patriot or MACC...than play a D2 or D3 if people don't think traveling to play big teams is good for them.

Again, I agree!! But where are these regular D1 team you say we should bring to Albany. I would also rather play Patriot, Macc, whatever. But the fact is year in and year out we can't seem to schedule a balanced home/road occ.

No thanks on scheduling teams below D1. I'd rather them schedule weak D1 teams.

I would also; but we are not doing that either?? Maybe, we should close sefcu and play all our games on the road. So you rather we play D1, so would all of us, so what are you suggesting??

I suggest they man up and play like their jobs are on the line. And I mean everyone.

Re my post above ..maybe if there are other AE team fans on our board they could give insight on what theie team has gained playing D2 or D3 teams...would be interesting to know. Maybe there are hidden positives I can't think of.

Maybe it builds confidence or at least gives them a respite from the grind/travel/pressure. I do not know, but it does not seem to hurt them.

I'm kind of with click here. I don't really think being tired applies..not sure where that thought is coming from. We just played our 7th game..a lot of teams have already played more. This was the fourth road game..against three home. A 2-3hr bus ride to Providence to pick-up a check..a 2-3 hour bus ride to Colgate..a flight to UNLV to pick-up a check..and a bus ride to a bordering state.

Shooting north of 70% from the FT line and are out-rebounding our opponents..both use the legs you're talking about. Just have to get good shots..and make them.

Edited by Phoenix

I would also; but we are not doing that either?? Maybe, we should close sefcu and play all our games on the road. So you rather we play D1, so would all of us, so what are you suggesting??

I suggest they man up and play like their jobs are on the line. And I mean everyone.

So who are you suggesting we replace and with whom?? The team is what it is and so is the schedule. I know I am just venting and can do nothing about the schedule (even though in the future UA really does need to address this SOMEHOW??) So who needs to man up and who is going to take his spot if he does not???

So who are you suggesting we replace and with whom?? The team is what it is and so is the schedule. I know I am just venting and can do nothing about the schedule (even though in the future UA really does need to address this SOMEHOW??) So who needs to man up and who is going to take his spot if he does not???

We have a 15 man roster. Try more. Let's see some Green/Peters? Is Ede hurt? The other Aussie? I'm saying send a message to the starters because they are way too comfortable. I know it's about who finishes the game, but they're lying to you if they said they would rather come off the bench than start.