UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Enrollment decline a financial threat

UAalum72

He did say moving the e-tech bidg. to the Harriman campus would delay it by about 18 months. He also talked about the

faculties at UA and Albany Law were working on interdisciplinary curriculums. Also talked about renaming the East campus

and collaborations with Downstate and Albany Medical College. He also spoke to the athletic successes and their positive

affects on applications, alimni pride and donations.

The danger in this of course if that they start accepting more and more sub-par applicants with average GPA's, test scores, etc. I'd hate to see the academic reputation go down further just because they want to boost enrollment. Quality > quantity. We're trailing the other SUNY's enough as it is.

He did say moving the e-tech bidg. to the Harriman campus would delay it by about 18 months. He also talked about the

faculties at UA and Albany Law were working on interdisciplinary curriculums. Also talked about renaming the East campus

and collaborations with Downstate and Albany Medical College. He also spoke to the athletic successes and their positive

affects on applications, alimni pride and donations.

Thank you, you wouldn't know any of that from reading the TU article...

The danger in this of course if that they start accepting more and more sub-par applicants with average GPA's, test scores, etc. I'd hate to see the academic reputation go down further just because they want to boost enrollment. Quality > quantity. We're trailing the other SUNY's enough as it is.

As they're trying to expand in graduate studies and particularly Masters programs, I don't think that will happen. All thetalk was of raising academics and the addition of engineering, more atmospheric science and medical research.

Anyone know how many undergraduates were enrolled in nano college @ its departure? I seem to remember 4 to 5 hundred (but I could be totally off; that # could include graduate students.) Anyhow, the loss of nano is in a number of ways related to our 1000 undergraduate short fall. Note humanities enrollment was/is up, @ a time when we were making cut backs to humanities programs which may not have been made if were not for nano.

Sorry! I blame nano for everything including the bad weather this winter. Also, I still have seen little or no compensation for their departure; including no LAND. This is Albany and LAND is a premium. This is not Texas or California with a lot of open space (but not water) to expand. Why do you think nano is going to Utica, Finger Lakes and Buffalo (cheap land, high unemployment encouraging como investments.) The loss of a few students is pale in comparison to the LAND grab UA suffered.