UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Bball

Women beat UC-Davis 80-70, though they didn't pull away until the last four minutes.

Richards with 41 points, 14 rebounds. 17 for Saunders, 16 for Tate.

Finals of the Women of Troy tournament is at 6:00 EST Sunday against undefeated Southern Cal. USC has 5 votes in the UPI poll, Albany has one. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

USC is third in RPI, Albany 66. In RealtimeRPI Power Ratings USC is 32, Albany 83.

USC hits 3-pointer with <5 seconds left, wins 68-67

I watched the second half. Well played by the ladies. It wasn't just a 3 pointer though. it was a 3 from NBA range from the left wing and BANKED in high off the glass. Pure luck that it dropped. I feel bad for the ladies to lose like that.

I watched the second half livestream, and the game environment was embarrassing. Essentially had an emcee working the game, and every time a UAlbany player stepped up to the FT line, they played Queen's "Pressure" over and over again. I mean, really? You're supposed to be a big-time school. If you want to generate an intimidating environment, get students, a band, etc at the game. Not some phony emcee.

USC hits 3-pointer with <5 seconds left, wins 68-67

I watched the second half. Well played by the ladies. It wasn't just a 3 pointer though. it was a 3 from NBA range from the left wing and BANKED in high off the glass. Pure luck that it dropped. I feel bad for the ladies to lose like that.

Frustrating how many good power conference teams they take to the wire but end up falling to in the end. Duke, Tennessee and now USC all in the past 9 months. Add UNC to that from a couple seasons ago.

Hopefully this is the year they break through in the NCAA Tournament. They are losing arguably the best AE player in conference history, so it is as good of a time as any...of course, they could always just be cursed.

I watched the second half livestream, and the game environment was embarrassing. Essentially had an emcee working the game, and every time a UAlbany player stepped up to the FT line, they played Queen's "Pressure" over and over again. I mean, really? You're supposed to be a big-time school. If you want to generate an intimidating environment, get students, a band, etc at the game. Not some phony emcee.

I was more upset that after every USC basket they showed a replay of it for 10-15 seconds...meanwhile, the clock was running and UA had the ball during that entire time.

• 2 weeks later...

It is both incredible and troublesome that this team can win a game with players outside of Richards, Tate, and Saunders scoring a combined 6 points. Also, while Bose played alright on both ends of the floor, it is hard to generate as few number in 35 minutes of play. 0 points on 0-1 shooting, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, 2 turnovers. Coughlin also was a non-factor. The trio of 25, 23 & 12 have proven that they can be the best in the conference, and when Carter is on her game she can be solid as well, but it would be really nice to see if they could get consistent production from whoever else is at the other guard spot between Tate and Saunders.