UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Bball

So, what determines tournament home court advantage if both UA and Maine win out, and each have 1 loss, which is to the other? I thought I had heard something recently about UA already securing home court, but I don't see how that could be, with the "each lost to the other" fact. Of course, each team will have to win out, regardless, for it to be a question.

So, what determines tournament home court advantage if both UA and Maine win out, and each have 1 loss, which is to the other? I thought I had heard something recently about UA already securing home court, but I don't see how that could be, with the "each lost to the other" fact. Of course, each team will have to win out, regardless, for it to be a question.

Non-conference RPI determines the regular season champ, #1 seed and home court advantage. Great system!

I wonder how Albany fans would feel if Maine had the RPI advantage......and let's say the teams had split with Maine winning by 1 point and Albany winning by 30.......???

Huge game tomorrow against Maine at 1 tomorrow. Should maybe be ending around halftime of the men's game. I wonder if they'll show it on the big screen?

Did they show it?

No, in fact when I tried to watch on ESPN3 there were 'Technical Difficulties', all I could get was the live stats.

Huge game tomorrow against Maine at 1 tomorrow. Should maybe be ending around halftime of the men's game. I wonder if they'll show it on the big screen?

Did they show it?

No, in fact when I tried to watch on ESPN3 there were 'Technical Difficulties', all I could get was the live stats.

When I first began watching the game, I received the same error message. Eventually, the feed came through.

"Non-conference RPI determines the regular season champ, #1 seed and home court advantage. Great system!" . . . Why in the world would they use this system -- letting something totally unconnected to the AE (or any conference) weigh so heavily? I guess I'm an idealist and would like to see such things determined by what actually happens on the court between live players and coaches. This could lead to several levels of "if this . . . then this" that might come down to . . . oh, I don't know . . . number of turnovers or number of airballs or something (smile). I don't know why I'm reacting so strongly against, but it just doesn't seem right to have all 3 of those things decided in this way. Has it been like this for years??

"Non-conference RPI determines the regular season champ, #1 seed and home court advantage. Great system!" . . . Why in the world would they use this system -- letting something totally unconnected to the AE (or any conference) weigh so heavily? I guess I'm an idealist and would like to see such things determined by what actually happens on the court between live players and coaches. This could lead to several levels of "if this . . . then this" that might come down to . . . oh, I don't know . . . number of turnovers or number of airballs or something (smile). I don't know why I'm reacting so strongly against, but it just doesn't seem right to have all 3 of those things decided in this way. Has it been like this for years??

Yes . that has always been down the tie breaker list after head to head, road record, record vs 1st place team, 2nd place team,3rd place team, etc. obviously if 2 teams finish 15-1, all the other things listed don't break the tie. Teams know what the tie breakers are even though I don't feel like looking the order up. It is just something else for Maine Jeff to cry about ;)

Edited by bob87

Yes . that has always been down the tie breaker list after head to head, road record, record vs 1st place team, 2nd place team,3rd place team, etc. obviously if 2 teams finish 15-1, all the other things listed don't break the tie. Teams know what the tie breakers are even though I don't feel like looking the order up. It is just something else for Maine Jeff to cry about ;)

If only that were the case, Bob. Last season, Maine and Albany split and were 14-2 in AE.........non-conference RPI was used as the tie-breaker......not the fact that Maine went 2-0 vs. #3 Stony Brook while Albany went 1-1 vs. the Seawolves. But whatever.......if Queen Amy & her court think that computer rankings based on non-conference competition is a better way to break a tie than records vs. other teams in AE then so be it. Edited by mainejeff

If only that were the case, Bob. Last season, Maine and Albany split and were 14-2 in AE.........non-conference RPI was used as the tie-breaker......not the fact that Maine went 2-0 vs. #3 Stony Brook while Albany went 1-1 vs. the Seawolves. But whatever.......if Queen Amy & her court think that computer rankings based on non-conference competition is a better way to break a tie than records vs. other teams in AE then so be it.

Wrong Jeff

Last years seeding for the women's tournament

1 - Maine

2 - Albany

3 - Stony Brook

4 - New Hampshire

5 - Hartford

6 - UMBC

7 - Vermont

8 - Bingo

Maine lost to Hartford in the semis at Bingo so Albany hosted Hartford for the final

look it up

You are correct to say that if both teams win out the team with the highest RPI will be the #1 seed

Was down at Stony Brook last night, the team played pretty well in a much tighter game than when these two teams last met. Reese was in foul trouble, played the fourth quarter with 4 fouls and didn't foul out, still picked up 20 points. Interesting note, the New York Liberty had some staff at the game scouting her, including WNBA and USA Basketball legend Teresa Witherspoon. Nice section of Great Danes support, including Lindsey Lowrie who was in attendance.

So.... If I understand the tie-breakers and the seeding for the AE Women's tourney, and if The Lady Danes & Maine win out thru the last weekend and at the 2 Bing tourney rounds, the Lady Danes would host the Sebago Lake Sows at the SEFCU? Did I get that right?