UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Quinnipiac 12/1 7:00

Were the Q announcers Q employees? I don't have an issue if it's the schools staff calling the game, I would expect them to be fans...but if it's a 3rd party (such as SNY, MSG, ABC, etc.), it NEEDS to be unbiased. That includes Wyland and Zach. You don't hear Jon Gruden getting happy when the Raiders or Bucs win...or Reggie Miller when the Pacers win. Maybe inside, but they don't let it cloud their job.

I don't know if Gruden is biased as I mute the broadcast. I can't stand listening to him.

There's always bias nowadays with play-by-play guys, because they have gone away from merely calling the game to now being "commentators", injecting their opinions etc.

I just hope it's not blatant. I thought the Q announcers (regardless of their employers) did a decent job. I found them to be objective. Yes, it's their job to get it right with player names etc., but there's hundreds of D1 bball schools, and thousands of players, most of which 99.9% of commentators will not be familiar with, with the exception of your household name schools.

All I'm saying is, maybe not necessarily player names since I myself dont' know opponent names...but school information like how many titles we've won, how many times we've gone to the NCAA's, how many points we've lost recent games by...there should be ZERO mistakes there if you are a professional and good at your job. That's what made me laugh the most...rookies. And that's what I was asking if Wyland is good at...is his info often times wrong or is he pretty 'prepared'. It's a respect thing IMO...I want our school to be well known and for every announcer to know, "Oh yeah, Albany has been to the tourney 3 straight times" without batting an eye.

Wyland makes a LOT of mistakes, but it's not specifically re Albany, it's just him. He'll be mis-speaking which opponent's playing, in the post-game at Q he said our upcoming Holy Cross game was 7:00 instead of 2:00, on his broadcast he'll misread the scoreboard. Maybe he needs glasses. The kind of mistakes people make every day, but he's on TV.

• Like 1