UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The kid is going to be a stud. He had the unfortunate luck of being in the same region as all-world athlete Gregg Paulus, future PG and QB of DUKE!

http://www.cnyhsfootball.com/2003/weekSeven.html

That link is a great pic of him rolling out under the lights...scroll down!

http://www.cnyhsfootball.com/2003/weekFive.html

http://www.syracuse.com/highschool/game/09...3_cbabville.ssf

THE SCHOOL UPDATED THE SIGNING STORY....adding profiles of each player...very cool.

http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/football...otstories04.htm

I love this kid's size. He literally has 1A size, what happemned and why didn't big schools look at him? He is in Buffalo and Syracuse's back yard. Anyone have any info on this?

He can split time with the kid from Cali. It appears the Cali kid is also an option QB, but I am not sure. Wow...think of how wide open camp is going to be at QB. Delgado/Bazan(who can play split end)and these two. I wonder if these two incoming Frosh will get red shirted? We may need them right away.

It looks like a great job of recruiting and also of getting the info of the players up on the website.

The one QBs name I haven't heard much of later is Tom Banach. I'm pretty sure he was the only freshman to make the active roster last year. He only played at the end of blowouts but I'd have to think he'd be in the mix as well. There's also a QB who was reshirted last year although he may be playing another position.

Very happy to see 4 QBs come in. Maybe some of you guys can remember the last time a rookie QB came in and saw alot of action in their first year. I hope one or more of these guys are that good.

All kind of size added. Bigger QBs but also taller defensive backs and huge lineman-Raphael Nguti 6'6 and 330lbs!

Also saw that we signed Sam Pagano from Schenectady. Does anyone know if he has a brother that played somewhere(UA)? Or maybe his father? For some reason that name is familiar but I'm not sure why.

The one QBs name I haven't heard much of later is Tom Banach. I'm pretty sure he was the only freshman to make the active roster last year.

I think Banach was a walk-on, also a Presidential scholar. If I remember Coach Ford's comments correctly from one of the luncheons he (Ford) admired the kid's enthusiasm and committment, but not so much his throwing ability.

Last two QB's who could come in and do serious damage: JOE SAVINO (unfreaking believable that the kid didnt play IAA---if he was bigger than 5'9 he would have played IA). Tremendous arm, great mobility, absolute warrior. One of the top 3 QB's to ever play the position at UA. Eric Williams...unreal potentional until linjury to shoulder. Was our tallest signal caller at the time. 6'2 215. His arm was a howitzer in disguise...literally high IA arm strength. Who knows what would have been.

The other, g-d bless his running and heart (not so much the gun) was Mike Oliva. Great kid, super athlete...if he had a solid arm...would have dominated!

As for the QB comp...someone is getting red-shirted...my guess...the third best QB. I heard ULI really dedicated himself this year (always a problem w/ him). I believe when its all said and done, ULI and either the kid from CA or BOLTUS will be 1 and 2. Bazan will go back to SE, and the remainder (BOLTUS or CA kid) will be red-shirted.

Finally, 3rd QB will be the kid from Brick (probably the most talented athlete of the bunch and if you know Jersey football...BRICK IS SOUTH JERSEY FOOTBALL (Brick and Brick Memorial). The other kid from Sayville will probably move positions if he is an athlete. The kid from Brick eventually will be moved elsewhere in my opinion...he played D and O in high school and his size (6'2 210 and then add on the 20 he will get in college) is tremendous to go w/ the speed (ie. Replacement for Campbell at Saftey...or our next great Roverback.)

Overall...two straight fantastic classes...and I bet your ass we have more than 12.5 and 3 schollys from other sports coming!!! My guess...we got up to 20-22 counters (10 more allowed this year). That will slowly justify another 10 next year...30 total and will be considered part of the football budget....then I would suspect we could make the jump (three years from next season) by going up to 40ish. Most IAA's are hovering in the high 40's (UNH's of the world) to the mid- 50's ('NOVA).

Finally...two straight years will UA getting steals from much bigger schools: Kelsey Jenks (IAA scholly and partial offer from the 'Cuse), that DLINEMAN from Long Island (forgot his name...but I know Hofstra was on him) and this year...the QB from Cali, Boltus, and Cosmo DiPinto...the Hudson Cnty (JERSEY) lineman of the year.....WOW!

Edited by Dane96

Ruler-

Buffalo is set at QB....they actually have a couple of good ones....'Cuse is also set...but 'Cuse was also hoping to get Gregg Paulus...who decided to put hoops first, football second...and is heading to DUKE!

My guess...we got up to 20-22 counters (10 more allowed this year)

Is this a change in the NEC regulations? How many scholarships are you now allowed to offer? When did this change? This is devastating for the MAAC and Pioneer League - if the NEC can have over 10 scholarships, you are effectively down to 1 mid-major (the pioneer league) not including the Ivies and Patriot that don't offer scholarships.

You are allowed up to 10 counters per year I believe...for a total of 30 over any one year period. The IVY's and PL's give the same as UA...except they cost more $$$ to go to school. My guess...our counters are going to the really poor NYS kids and the outerstaters (4 jersey kids, CA kid, etc.) where it costs more to go to school. Thing is....even an out of stater might not meet the requirements. 18k isnt that much...trust me on the Fin Aid issue...i just went through it for law school.

I believe its 30 counters over a 4 year period. Outstanding players get the full counter to themselves and the 2nd tier players have them divided among them. For example Gary Jones did not pay a dime as where Victor Camacho probably got some assistance after 3 years and probabnly split it with another player.

Yeah...thats what I meant...10 in one year...30 allowed in any four year period...but can have 30 on the team in one year.

Remember though...these kids have to qualify financially...which is very tough.

Also saw that we signed Sam Pagano from Schenectady. Does anyone know if he has a brother that played somewhere(UA)? Or maybe his father? For some reason that name is familiar but I'm not sure why.

Dom Pagano, a D-lineman I think, played for Albany during the first two varsity years (73-74). Don't know if they're related.