UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

When you lose 4 All-Americans at key positions,  lead attack, goaltender, face off, and lead middie, we were bound to step back.  Still does not mean lack of hustle on ground balls, errant passes, stupid penalties,  hot headed coaches,  etc.  Clean those up and we can be competitive into May.

I think we lost 6

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

When you lose 4 All-Americans at key positions,  lead attack, goaltender, face off, and lead middie, we were bound to step back.  Still does not mean lack of hustle on ground balls, errant passes, stupid penalties,  hot headed coaches,  etc.  Clean those up and we can be competitive into May.

Yes, penalties by a couple of players and the coaches made a bad loss worse.

21 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

After watching the game again I agree with him that it should have been 3-1 Albany with a chance to take the air out of the Dome, but instead was 2-2 and then 2-3.

Agree bad call and probably did not cost us the game; but it very probably contributed. Everyone agrees we are young; and a call like that with a team searching for an identity and confidence and NEW leaders and to live up to expectations, very prone to being deflated and losing focus after a call like that. The Dome is a tough enough place to play and against an angry cuse (facing 0-2); momentum totally switched after that call. Did it cause us to pass poorly and slide ineffectively and not pick ground balls and to leave a more or less nobody wide open for a career day, I do not know. But being in the dome and watching the replay, you could absolutely feel/see a change at that point.

ps. Do not mean to slight Voight (6 goals & 1 assist), but the cuse group behind me were as shocked or even more so. Said in 2+ years he rarely played except, man-up at times.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

I was surrounded by Syracuse fans and when it looked like it was 3-1 us after their early goal they were all groaning here we go again. 

After thinking about it more I find it interesting and confusing why in a tough environment we didn’t see Diamond or a Chris Ryan. I couldn’t believe it when we had two freshmen at attack and one of them was way down on the depth chart in the scrimmages.

I am almost ready to see some serious new blood on defense and especially defensive midfield. 

Edited by AlbanyFan2018
  • Like 1

Drexel beats Michigan.  Highpoint is undefeated. Marist tied with Army.  Maryland leads Colgate by 1 at end of 1st!!!!!  Gonna be a different season!

Maryland was up by 6 I think at the end of the third

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

And Drexel lost to High Point in over time. Going to be a test on Saturday.

I agree.  Everyone is better this year.  Are we good enough to win - got several tough games coming up during the first 5.

15 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

And Drexel lost to High Point in over time. Going to be a test on Saturday.

Good things for us, Drexel with a game today while we rest and work on some things, and Drexel was in double OT today and OT Saturday.  Hopefully dragging their butts.

OT: UMBC gave up 17 to Richmond today.  Seen several articles praising the UMBC defense as one of the best.

Edited by nysteve661
  • Like 2

Times Union reporting Tehoka banged up. Not surprised after the beating he took last week. His role will be less carrying the ball. Not sure it ever should have been since he is so prone to getting double and even triple teamed.

Might we see more of Diamond this week or more of the freshmen. I just don’t think Patterson has that in his tool box.

I still think the biggest story from week one is that we win the face off battle, have very good goalie play and still gave up 13 goals. The defense is going to have to start playing like a veteran group until the offense finds its footing.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, home field for the AE tourney comes down to Stony Brook.  We need them to beat Vermont next week and then we need to beat them the week after.  And with our team performing the way it has, we need to be playing at home for a chance at winning the title.  I did notice a bracketology showing Vermont in the play-in game (due to being in 1st place as of now) so question to ponder, if UA wins the AE, are we in play-in game since we will have a worse record than even Vermont and we have no signature wins.  Or, our reputation and recent NCAA successes puts us in that " 14-15 seed" spot? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Well, home field for the AE tourney comes down to Stony Brook.  We need them to beat Vermont next week and then we need to beat them the week after.  And with our team performing the way it has, we need to be playing at home for a chance at winning the title.  I did notice a bracketology showing Vermont in the play-in game (due to being in 1st place as of now) so question to ponder, if UA wins the AE, are we in play-in game since we will have a worse record than even Vermont and we have no signature wins.  Or, our reputation and recent NCAA successes puts us in that " 14-15 seed" spot? 

I saw that as well, and IL just goes with whoever is in first place at the time. Whoever wins the AE tournament will be in the play in game and that is based upon the two lowest rated RPI conferences. I imagine it will come down to the MAAC and AE this year, but not sure where the NEC is, but they appear to be stronger overall.

Per the Massey ratings, the 7-10 conferences are NEC, Southern, AE and MAAC. But just like the basketball tournament, the PIG goes to the lowest teams, not conferences, so upsets in other leagues could change up the seeds.

The T-U said Alex Bergmaster's injury was an ankle, X-rays later today.