UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Caught Coach Marr on 104.5 a while ago.

After watching the game again I agree with him that it should have been 3-1 Albany with a chance to take the air out of the Dome, but instead was 2-2 and then 2-3.

The defense did have a very good 3rd quarter, but overall after watching it and being able to watch certain plays over the defense wasn't good. I am not sure what he is seeing and I will admit I don't focus on that side of the ball all  that much, but other than Dhuly and maybe Kunz, everyone else had a very mediocre game at best. We continue to manufacture offense for opposing teams.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

After watching the game again I agree with him that it should have been 3-1 Albany with a chance to take the air out of the Dome, but instead was 2-2 and then 2-3.

The defense did have a very good 3rd quarter, but overall after watching it and being able to watch certain plays over the defense wasn't good. I am not sure what he is seeing and I will admit I don't focus on that side of the ball all  that much, but other than Dhuly and maybe Kunz, everyone else had a very mediocre game at best. We continue to manufacture offense for opposing teams.

Sorry Coach Marr, but I don't agree that the air could be out of the Dome at 3-1. You mean that Voight would not have lit us up for 6 due to that?  And GB's would have been close to even??  I think not.  Work on the mistakes the GB's,  and put some balls in the net vs Drexel and we can all forget about the Cuse game.

• Like 1

I caught the replay Saturday night.  One thing is clear, we are not as strong as we were last year.  And Syracuse has revived itself and seems much better this year.  One play/call did not make or break this game.  Seemed strong for the first half of the 1st quarter, and then we seem to have lost our way.   1st game of the season.  We will soon see what this team is capable of this year.

• Like 1

UAlbany sports media has a recent history of hyping up a team to promote ticket sales.  This creates pressure on coaches to more optimistic then perhaps in years past.   Is this team good?  Yes, but not 2018 good, perhaps 2007  or 2006 good.  Realization of a situation is tough.

16 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

UAlbany sports media has a recent history of hyping up a team to promote ticket sales.  This creates pressure on coaches to more optimistic then perhaps in years past.   Is this team good?  Yes, but not 2018 good, perhaps 2007  or 2006 good.  Realization of a situation is tough.

When you lose 4 All-Americans at key positions,  lead attack, goaltender, face off, and lead middie, we were bound to step back.  Still does not mean lack of hustle on ground balls, errant passes, stupid penalties,  hot headed coaches,  etc.  Clean those up and we can be competitive into May.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Agree.

3 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Sorry Coach Marr, but I don't agree that the air could be out of the Dome at 3-1. You mean that Voight would not have lit us up for 6 due to that?  And GB's would have been close to even??  I think not.  Work on the mistakes the GB's,  and put some balls in the net vs Drexel and we can all forget about the Cuse game.

Air would not have gone out BUT it could have made a huge difference in psyche and MAYBE a difference in the game.  AND it was a very bad call!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uofalbany said:

I caught the replay Saturday night.  One thing is clear, we are not as strong as we were last year.  And Syracuse has revived itself and seems much better this year.  One play/call did not make or break this game.  Seemed strong for the first half of the 1st quarter, and then we seem to have lost our way.   1st game of the season.  We will soon see what this team is capable of this year.

Agree BUT I also do agree 3-1 could have made big difference in the psyche of the kids and thus the game.  They were coming for bear after getting beat and we, once again got pounded by bigger, faster and stronger guys!