UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 1: MBB vs. Lehigh 11/09 7PM

I might be too much of a traditionalist, but defensively I think the team needs Hank or French to play at least 10-15 minutes a game (not each, total). There is something about a huge body clogging the lanes that makes a difference that doesn't always show in the box score.

They don't need to score. Set good screens, box out, clog the lane, and alter shots. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I might be too much of a traditionalist, but defensively I think the team needs Hank or French to play at least 10-15 minutes a game (not each, total). There is something about a huge body clogging the lanes that makes a difference that doesn't always show in the box score.

They don't need to score. Set good screens, box out, clog the lane, and alter shots. 

Agreed. Was very surprised Saturday how much time Hansen played out front, both offensively and on defense. I know he his not a wide body, but IMHO we do not need another shooter and need help down low defensively. So if Hansen can't help the inside game, absolutely play French and/or Hanks.

4 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Agreed. Was very surprised Saturday how much time Hansen played out front, both offensively and on defense. I know he his not a wide body, but IMHO we do not need another shooter and need help down low defensively. So if Hansen can't help the inside game, absolutely play French and/or Hanks.

I don't get the love for Hanks...I'm not saying he hasn't grown but both he and French has horrendous offensive efficiency. Like worst remaining on the team. There's a reason they don't get much burn. Sure, try them out and see what they got but neither is a savior. 

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I don't get the love for Hanks...I'm not saying he hasn't grown but both he and French has horrendous offensive efficiency. Like worst remaining on the team. There's a reason they don't get much burn. Sure, try them out and see what they got but neither is a savior. 

Don't need them to score. Like 99 said: box out, set screens, rebound. Always liked Fench's hustle and even if Hanks fouls out in 10-15 minutes at least he may inflict some inside damage physically. What we gave up inside to what is supposedly an outside shooting team on Saturday was I don't know what word to use-----BAD I guess. Not to mention offensively we did nothing inside; so it seems like French and Hanks can't be "much" worse.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Don't need them to score. Like 99 said: box out, set screens, rebound. Always liked Fench's hustle and even if Hanks fouls out in 10-15 minutes at least he may inflict some inside damage physically. What we gave up inside to what is supposedly an outside shooting team on Saturday was I don't know what word to use-----BAD I guess. Not to mention offensively we did nothing inside; so it seems like French and Hanks can't be "much" worse.

That's fair!

As disappointed as I am I will reserve judgement until after Weds game.I

CB did say afterwards that this wasn't the team he saw at practice leading up to the game - so it appears he was caught off guard too, and very disappointed. I just hope because of this they don't rush Anderson back.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

This team has plenty of offensive efficiency, and can score in droves with only 4 on the court. My original note said I don't care how bad they shoot. Set WIDE screens. Box Out hard. Clog the lane defensively. Alter shots. All the little things that don't show in a box score. Having that big body just changes the philosophy of the other team. If the team I am playing against has their two biggest guys on the court at 6'8" and weight 220 or below, I am going to pound it inside against them all day until they prove they can block a shot, cut off the baseline, and stop me from getting the easy ones. That's exactly what happened in this game.