UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]

9 minutes ago, Dane4ever said:

I know it's a bit of trivia but I like these coincidental things . . . such as Karl Mofor's brother Mike-Ryan (I think 1 year older) is the workhorse starting RB for the unbeaten Salisbury State (D-3) Sea Gulls who pounded Union College yesterday 62-41 . . . had 144 yards on 20 carries and 3 TDs . . . I'd love to see Karl and Mike-Ryan as kids playing tag in the yard.

I watched that game until ours came on. Insane 1st quarter....21-21. Defense was an afterthought. 

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I know we don't play many games in the bitter cold, but I wonder how much it would cost to add those cielling heaters you see in restaurant/hotel entrances in cold weather cities to the concourse under the upper level seating. Could make that area much warmer, and some of the heat would rise up and make the bleachers in the upper deck more comfortable. When the sun was out, it wasn't too bad up there, but the metal bleachers were bad. I ended up putting my hand warmers in my back pockets to keep my butt from freezing.

I had exactly the same thought during the game lol. But idea was more 'MacGyver'ish lol (somehow heat the benches themselves by running coils under them or something - hey, I'm no engineer!).

After the sun went behind the stadium/our back, my upper body and head were fine, as I had sufficient layers, but my legs (even with under pants under my jeans) and feet got absolutely frozen to the point where they hurt for hours after the game. Maybe next time I'll come wearing my full on snow blowing suit (snow pants and all). Should have brought my heavy duty gloves as my hands were quite cold too even with some basic winter gloves on. When the sun was out, it was very pleasant. I almost considered moving to the berm.

Edited by Eli

On 11/30/2019 at 9:00 PM, UA_MA_2000 said:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the replay of this game through the ESPN app?

Watched replay yesterday. Like 72 said loaded a little slow. My issue was the replay had closed caption on the entire game. I never had this issue with replays or life streams and I could not get it to go off. Anyone else have this problem?  Also, was NOT happy to see/hear $iena (Robert Lee) on the play by play; even though he did seem fair overall.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, godanesgo99 said:

I know we don't play many games in the bitter cold, but I wonder how much it would cost to add those cielling heaters you see in restaurant/hotel entrances in cold weather cities to the concourse under the upper level seating. Could make that area much warmer, and some of the heat would rise up and make the bleachers in the upper deck more comfortable. When the sun was out, it wasn't too bad up there, but the metal bleachers were bad. I ended up putting my hand warmers in my back pockets to keep my butt from freezing.

From the upper deck the attendance did look like more than 1600 when you saw how many CCSU fans were on the other side plus how many were in the lower level. Upstairs had maybe 250 people max. Have to imagine much of it was underreporting for purpose of the bid to host. 1600 at an average of $20 probably pays the NCAA, then all the normal costs were sunk and at a loss. If it helps build interest in the program it is worth it as an advertising expense.

I was suspicious of that figure as well.  The first deck was fairly full [the day before there were 62 seats available there].  Upper deck had about 200 available in each section the day Before.  I would guess 200-300 upstairs as well. The  Central side had at least a couple of hundred. When I was talking with Coach Ford before the game at the FB Alum tailgate AD Benson stopped by to talk to all of us.  He said that we needed 3500 to break even.  THAT number does not add up.  1600 at $20 is low for sure BUT that is about $32,000 Plus concessions.  The bid was 30K  OR 30K plus 1% of concessions, whichever is more. 

20 hours ago, Eli said:

I had exactly the same thought during the game lol. But idea was more 'MacGyver'ish lol (somehow heat the benches themselves by running coils under them or something - hey, I'm no engineer!).

After the sun went behind the stadium/our back, my upper body and head were fine, as I had sufficient layers, but my legs (even with under pants under my jeans) and feet got absolutely frozen to the point where they hurt for hours after the game. Maybe next time I'll come wearing my full on snow blowing suit (snow pants and all). Should have brought my heavy duty gloves as my hands were quite cold too even with some basic winter gloves on. When the sun was out, it was very pleasant. I almost considered moving to the berm.

Eli, let's hope it's not as cold next year when we host again!!!!!!  I wore 5 layers, 2 thin long sleeves shirts, two hooded sweatshirts, and my insulated Carhart hoody, three pairs of socks, two long johns, jeans, my hunting gloves, plus my 2000 gram Thinsalate hunting boots with toe warmers. Toasty the entire game!   Been to too many games in blizzards and really cold weather over the years.

• Like 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]