UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2004/2005 Starting Line-up??????

Anybody have any guesses???

I think Jamar, Jordan, and Zoellner are locks to start.

I think Dyson will start at power forward.

I think either Iati or Brandon Perry will start. If Perry starts then Wilson runs the point.

Off the bench

Either Iati or Perry

Levine

St. Hillaire

Wyatt

Lillis

Brent Wilson

Bauman

Courtney Johnson

KNotts

Somebody told me that Brown loves Lillis because he is 6'5 200 and can play pg, shooting guard, or small forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't argue w/ you there. My rotation:

Jordan G 6'2 25 min

Wilson G 6'1 (you will really see him slash this year w/ strength!) 25min

Levine F 6'5 (too much owed to this warrior to mk him a 6th man unless someone is just too good to leave on the bench) 20 min

Dyson F 6'9 20 min

Zoellner C 7'1 25 min

Rotation

First Forward- St. Hillaire 6'6 (most athletic 6th man in this league...hands down!!)10-12 min

First Guard- Perry 6'2 (will open up the offense) 12-15 min

Second Guard- Iati 5'9 (will be fighting for minutes) 10-12 min

Second Forward- Wyatt 6'6 (to man the middle or take PF) 10 min

Third Guard/SF- Lillis 6'5 10-12 min

Fourth Forward- Wilson 6'8 5-8min

When we need some beef underneath- Knotts 2-5 min

When we need defense- C. Johnson 2min

Possible red-shirt- Bauman- I think this would be a very smart move! He would essentially get three years after Jordon and Perry leave, to rotate with Wilson, Lillis, and onlytwo years with Iati

THAT IS A VERY DEEP 11!

Edited by Dane96

Agree with Wilson, Jordan and Zoellner withe Dyson playing PF. The open question is who runs the point.

Regardless of what some of us have said previously, I don't think Iati is a PG. I don't think UA has a PG. Iati will start out at PG and we'll see if he can distribute the ball. If that doesn't work out, we'll see how mature Jamar has become because he could be the PG - he'll have to sacrifice some points but I think he can run the offense. If Jamar runs the poist, then I think St. Hilliare becomes the other forward with Jordan

PG play will determine the success of the season. They will have talent overall, how does Brown find leadership to distribute the ball?

Remember, Iati was forced to be the teams primary scorer this past season! This season he won't have so much pressure on him. Remember, he was the AE unanimous Rookie of the Year voted by the AE coaches!

Also, don't be surprised if 6'5 frosh Brian Lillis plays alot of point guard!

I want to remind everyone that Iati had nobody to pass the ball to last year. That makes it extremely hard to be a pure point guard. I imagine that Caoch Brown urged (to put it mildly) him to shoot the ball whenever an available shot (good or bad) was there. Iati came to UA with a lot of potential. I think that you will see a better player this year. He should be stronger, healthier, understand the offense better, and have players that he can distribute the ball to. I think that in time he will become a team leader. I would say the starting line-up will be:

PG: Iati

SG: WIlson

SF/3rd guard: Jordan

PF: Dyson

C: Zoelner

I like the depth that the staff has created. It needs to be said however, that freshman are very unpredictable. Case in point: Knotts and Martin. Very good high school player who can't play at this level. Hopefully a few help and provide valuable minutes.

I'll throw in my cent and a half.

I like CoachPlayz's lineup of

PG Iati

SG Wilson

SF Jordan

C Zoellner

I hope Dyson is a beast underneath and makes the PF decision tough on the staff. I like Levine as the PF for his experience, post-up game and just over all mental toughness.

As far as the freshman I like the idea of possibly red-shirting Bauman. I have my doubts about Lillis as a point guard. I'm sure a 6'5 PG would be tough to stop on offensive but I question if he can defend that position. Consider our own potential PGs-can a guy his size guard Iati or Wilson? Or Shedjide Childs from UNH? I have my doubts although I hope I am underestimating him. I think if he can guard the off-guard spot and handle like a PG he will be very valuable against full court pressure.

I agree - based on very minimal knowledge, that Bauman may be a redshirt candidate.

The issue is that he would leave. If you remember his quotes when he signed - he signed specifically because he would not be redshirted. Said he had a shot at playing 20 minutes per game. His brother was redshirted and ended up transferring to a D2 program.

Brown is going to have a challenge managing everyone's minutes.

I am really looking forward to watching this years team play. I think we can all agree that Iati will be much improved this year playing less minutes and only taking good shots in the flow of the offense. It will be so nice to have size and depth finally. Actually be a Division 1 basketball team and not a MASH unit.

i'll echo the views of dane pound ...

PG Iati

SG Wilson

SF Jordan

C Zoellner

I hope Dyson is a beast underneath and makes the PF decision tough on the staff. I like Levine as the PF for his experience, post-up game and just over all mental toughness

and those of scottotile ...

I am really looking forward to watching this years team play. I think we can all agree that Iati will be much improved this year playing less minutes and only taking good shots in the flow of the offense. It will be so nice to have size and depth finally. Actually be a Division 1 basketball team and not a MASH unit.

iati will do well with his sophomore season ... a year of experience, less attention from the opposition, and a fully rehabilitated shoulder

we'll see what the staff does with levine ... he may still be out of position underneath, but he could get a ton of minutes while dyson comes along at this level ... he is deserving ... levi will be on the floor to start the 04-05 season

one thing we should all be able to agree on with confidence ... gone will be 38 (vs. unh) and 36 (vs. maine) point offensive performances by the danes

Edited by alumni '92'

I'll be curious to see what kind of shooter Zoellner is. If he can score at all, we may see other teams go to "hack a German" defense.

Outside of him this should be a very good free throw shooting team. Consider that last year UA finished 22nd in the country in FT% at just under 74%. Add to that mix Wilson and Jordan who are both over 75% FT shooters and Perry who shot over 80% from the line.

I'll feel good seeing any of those guys going to the line late in a close game next year. I really liked "I'll be right back" but I cringed whenever he went to the line.

i tell you DP, i dont know how his shooting is, but his inside game, dunking and rebouding is scary. I was at the RACC a few weeks ago, and saw him playing with Iati, Levi, and Jordan. His dunking was scary. i mean scary. i got chills...lets just end it at that.