UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

For the first time in a number of years the team starts the season at home against an opponent who doesn't have a game under their belt.

Hard to extrapolate too much from the scrimmages, but the offense appears to be much more in sync. We'll see how quickly Patterson assimilates into the offense, and who winds up being the primary ball carrier. Either way will be tough to cover the 3-4 guys who see the bulk of the playing time at attack.

Cornell was weak at face off last year so we should be in that 50/50 range.

Team defense will be the key in my opinion. I think it is going to be a very high scoring game, and wouldn't be surprised if the combined score is in the mid thirties if the cold weather doesn't impact things too much.

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

For the first time in a number of years the team starts the season at home against an opponent who doesn't have a game under their belt.

Hard to extrapolate too much from the scrimmages, but the offense appears to be much more in sync. We'll see how quickly Patterson assimilates into the offense, and who winds up being the primary ball carrier. Either way will be tough to cover the 3-4 guys who see the bulk of the playing time at attack.

Cornell was weak at face off last year so we should be in that 50/50 range.

Team defense will be the key in my opinion. I think it is going to be a very high scoring game, and wouldn't be surprised if the combined score is in the mid thirties if the cold weather doesn't impact things too much.

Agree.

Pretty hard to predict this game with both teams playing their first. Both teams under achieved last year; yet pollsters, IL, etc still seem to rate cornell pretty high (top 15, even 10 in some.) Not really sure why? cornell could not stop a shot, BAD on face-offs, and committed a huge amount of penalties. While Teet perhaps the best in the game still runs the offense, their O did graduate some fire power. Don't know if they have been able to shore up the D or not? 

So I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a decisive UA win. UA's offense is MUCH improved and will get a measure of revenge by blazing a lot of goals past Irelan's brother. We will do well at face-off, with wing support and the defense (which was IMHO Not UA's issue last year) is even better this year.

`

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dslyank said:

another thought:  since Tehoka, Hogg and Yunker seem to be firing on all cylinders this fall and winter preseason; why not use Patterson as the 4 attack, which historically has been his strongest position?

That's a great question, and if I am a betting man while he will be listed as attack, I bet Jakob plays more up top. I think the main reason you put him at attack is that he is always on the field, and if he plays that 4th attack spot coming on the field he could get caught up in transition and might have to wind up playing some defense on who knows how good of a knee.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Pretty hard to predict this game with both teams playing their first. Both teams under achieved last year; yet pollsters, IL, etc still seem to rate cornell pretty high (top 15, even 10 in some.) Not really sure why? cornell could not stop a shot, BAD on face-offs, and committed a huge amount of penalties. While Teet perhaps the best in the game still runs the offense, their O did graduate some fire power. Don't know if they have been able to shore up the D or not? 

So I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a decisive UA win. UA's offense is MUCH improved and will get a measure of revenge by blazing a lot of goals past Irelan's brother. We will do well at face-off, with wing support and the defense (which was IMHO Not UA's issue last year) is even better this year.

`

I'm not sure who you put on Teat,  but whoever it is they stay in his gloves and make him play with a hand off of his stick. They could try to shut him off with someone like Bradley or Schwab which was a common tactic against him last year.  He is such a deadly passer, that the pole on the backside better not be cheating to help or the back pipe will be open all day.

• Like 1

No real prognostication from me, but based upon how the team competed against West Point in the fall, and their start this season, I think the Danes have a ton of upside. 

I'm confident we will be able to score on Saturday, but again my key is going to be off ball defense with the guys not on Teat keeping their heads on a swivel , and not letting Teat carve the defense up on the inside. 

20 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

weather report for Saturday: colder than normal local forecasters stating highs between  18 to 24 degrees Fahrenheit better on Sunday.  Suspect a day delay.

That's a great call, and with it just being a short bus ride I'm with you on a possible delay to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

That's a great call, and with it just being a short bus ride I'm with you on a possible delay to Sunday. 

Keep us apprised.  I'm prepared no matter the day BUT are the kids prepared for weather that cold??