UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #28: 2/22/2020 @ 7PM vs New Hampshire

Needless to say, I have nothing positive to say about the UMBC game.  You must defend your home court against a team below you in the standings at this point of the season.  I know the coaches didn't shoot like crap tonight, but it's their job to make in-game changes to get the offense going and not just hoist up threes.  Have to have this UNH game with 2 tough games vs SBU and UVM coming.  

As suggested here, looking for more scoring inside, may go with Hansen at center and Hutch at PF 

https://m.timesunion.com/ualbany/article/UAlbany-basketball-15074919.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Mobile)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email 

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

About friggin time

This is my point about the coaching.  The article says teams are challenging UA to go inside cause they know they can't and the scouting says so.  And Hank says it's something they need to look at and they are working on some things to switch it up.  Coaches, it's game 28 today.  Been a problem all season.  We wait till now to switch it up?  Isn't that what the OOC is for?  I know they don't have stud low post players that can back down a defender so once a game we get a pick and roll for a dunk.  Then the defense changes to stop it and we have no answer and up goes the threes the rest of the game.  JMO

6 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

This is my point about the coaching.  The article says teams are challenging UA to go inside cause they know they can't and the scouting says so.  And Hank says it's something they need to look at and they are working on some things to switch it up.  Coaches, it's game 28 today.  Been a problem all season.  We wait till now to switch it up?  Isn't that what the OOC is for?  I know they don't have stud low post players that can back down a defender so once a game we get a pick and roll for a dunk.  Then the defense changes to stop it and we have no answer and up goes the threes the rest of the game.  JMO

This is true but I don't think things are a straight line. 

There have been times when we've done it better and gone away from it. Certainly needs to be a point of emphisis again. UMBC was pretty much daring us to do and we only did it after timeouts when we had a play drawn up.

Agree we need to get something going inside but lets be honest website we seen enough games, if Clark and Healy are hitting we will play with anyone. If they are not, UA is in trouble. Go inside for what? Travels, misses, turnovers. This UA team is live by the three die by the three. Very dangerous but also very beatable team. Fun to watch when hitting and hard to watch when not. A third option is badly needed but may be on the bench with a torn acl.  Hopefully the bigs play the way they are capable of and start finishing again. 

Edited by Bball2020

We try a three and there is a hand in the face. They shoot a three and they are wide open with a defender waving an arm well after the shot is going in. 😩    

Chucking 3's as usual.  18%.  Right back to our M.O.

Edited by nysteve661

If this continues, I see a 4/5 matchup in AE tourney with UA as the 5 on the road.  Had to defend home court the past two games against teams below you.  Didn't get it done. 

I am revising this to UA as a 6 seed vs the 3.  UNH is only a game behind UA now and they have Maine, Bing, and Lowell left.

Edited by nysteve661