UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East MBB All Conference Team Selections

The story from the AEC website:

https://americaeast.com/news/2021/2/25/2020-21-mbb_awards.aspx

The story from the UAlbany website:

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2021/2/25/mens-basketball-rizzuto-named-all-conference-second-team-lulka-all-academic.aspx

I am certain people have opinions on this.....

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

• cwdickens changed the title to America East MBB All Conference Team Selections

Great to see Rizzuto get the accolades. He really stepped up his game this year and I thought he put up first-team numbers - he was 5th in the conference in scoring.

I thought CJ Kelly had an all-conference type year also. Part of the problem with the unbalanced schedule and him missing two games with injury is half the coaches in the conference didn't see him play.

• Like 2

Another reason why Will Brown deserves our backing....

150881708_129096649120267_1802111732498385735_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=2t-dy6sCZHsAX9uja8e&oh=5dd71b89756703d92fae7c95c2f4de65&oe=6065573E

Liked by jiati14 and 74 others
ualbany_mbb UAlbany Men’s Basketball Program under Coach Brown has the most America East Conference All Academic selections in conference history at 26!
#BeGreat
cstire Fantastic!

Edited by cwdickens
spelling
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eli said:

While I agree that Brown's ability to bring in quality men into this program is fantastic...he is paid to win ball games and being all academic or having a roster full of all academics does not win ball games.

That’s a hot take, but agree that in the end it’s about winning games. If you aren’t winning games though, you better have a roster of good kids in the classroom that represent the school in the right way.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, UA'08 said:

That’s a hot take, but agree that in the end it’s about winning games. If you aren’t winning games though, you better have a roster of good kids in the classroom that represent the school in the right way.

I mean there is probably some amount of correlation between good teams and how well the players do in the classroom (basketball IQ, etc.)...but to suggest this is why he should be kept as coach in perpetuity (or on a super long leash) and allow him to go 500 year in year out, not sure I agree with that. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

I mean there is probably some amount of correlation between good teams and how well the players do in the classroom (basketball IQ, etc.)...but to suggest this is why he should be kept as coach in perpetuity (or on a super long leash) and allow him to go 500 year in year out, not sure I agree with that. 

You can probably file this under "excuse making" but the unbalanced schedule made a difference this year. Vermont won 10 games and a #2 seed while going 4-0 against Bing and Maine - the bottom two teams in the league. Albany wins 6 conference game and the #5 seed while having games against Bing and Maine cancelled. There's no guarantees, but if we played those games we're probably a #2 or #3 seed and not having this conversation.

What isn't excuse making is comparing Albany's results with peer institutions - SBU and Bing who have similar resources and are in the same conference. They have two combined NCAA tournament appearances and had several players arrested in both of those years. Albany has 5 tournament appearances over the same time and also set a record for number of all academic selections.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RE: SBU and Bing...All I'm saying is Brown needs to start winning or academic honors or not he's not going to be here much longer. Today is a must win...we/he can't afford another first round exit. What happened years is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing season.