UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Last Up: W (24-20) @ New Hampshire
Next Up: @ Maine (0-0, first game on 3/6/21)
Time/Date: 3/13/21 @ 12:00PM EST
TV/Streaming: FloFootball ($12.50/mo)
Local Radio: ESPN 104.5

Albany played a pretty decent game in their first game in 450+ days all things considered. Made enough plays to cover up for some weird mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

To clarify from last night, the Game Notes list Lito as 330 pounds (still 361 on the roster) and the interior O-line averages 306. Whatever their size, they didn't open many holes for Mofor (2.8 yards per carry, 31 on one play) or pass protect very well (four sacks). at least against New Hampshire.

10 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

so Flo is the only way to watch games this year. Gonna really need to throw money down to watch this huh?

It's dirt cheap. Less than Netflix per month and far more enjoyable.

11 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

To clarify from last night, the Game Notes list Lito as 330 pounds (still 361 on the roster) and the interior O-line averages 306. Whatever their size, they didn't open many holes for Mofor (2.8 yards per carry, 31 on one play) or pass protect very well (four sacks). at least against New Hampshire.

Can't disagree on run game.  They are still searching for chemistry.  Looked much better in the second 1/2.  We were up by 10 with a couple of big mistakes - coaches almost blew it.  I would never try to run out the clock with 8 min or even 6.  HAVE to get two - three first downs with 8 minutes, and at least 2 with 6 minutes.  Nuff said about that.   Remember we gave up a blocked punt for TD.   I do not blame the punter at all for the kick at the end of the game. He was just trying to get the ball out.   After so many years in FB I had never heard of that rule.  Tried to search for it today and could not find anything definitive on it being an illegal kick [which it obviously was].  The defense stood tall!!

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

so Flo is the only way to watch games this year. Gonna really need to throw money down to watch this huh?

You can cancel after the spring season BUT remember for a year you can see fall season games too - away games if the allow spectators.

Edited by HOF2013

16 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

You can cancel after the spring season BUT remember for a year you can see fall season games too - away games if the allow spectators.

I went with the year.  I've already watched 2 fb and the 6 nations rugby final (which was great).

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I do not blame the punter at all for the kick at the end of the game. He was just trying to get the ball out.   After so many years in FB I had never heard of that rule.  Tried to search for it today and could not find anything definitive on it being an illegal kick [which it obviously was].  The defense stood tall!!

At first I wondered if the dropkick had been made illegal. It isn’t but it has to be done immediately, and dropped onto his foot. This was treated like deliberately kicking a loose ball - illegally advancing the ball. 

20 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Can't disagree on run game.  They are still searching for chemistry.  Looked much better in the second 1/2.  We were up by 10 with a couple of big mistakes - coaches almost blew it.  I would never try to run out the clock with 8 min or even 6.  HAVE to get two - three first downs with 8 minutes, and at least 2 with 6 minutes.  Nuff said about that.   Remember we gave up a blocked punt for TD.   I do not blame the punter at all for the kick at the end of the game. He was just trying to get the ball out.   After so many years in FB I had never heard of that rule.  Tried to search for it today and could not find anything definitive on it being an illegal kick [which it obviously was].  The defense stood tall!!

You know more about this than I do, but why don’t we ever seem to run stretch plays...with stretch blocking? Other teams seem to use it with much success. 

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

You know more about this than I do, but why don’t we ever seem to run stretch plays...with stretch blocking? Other teams seem to use it with much success. 

I really cannot stand today's read option, almost exclusively shotgun offenses.  Especially when you don't have a running QB.  I miss the i formation with a good lead blocking FB. The zone blocking schemes leave too much up to the RB an QB to read the defense.  I miss a good trap play with a down block and a pulling guard.  

I have to assume that due to the turnover in receivers and the compressed practice time, that the offense was a little more vanilla than usual. No jet sweeps, no end arounds, reverses, bubble screens, etc. Pretty vanilla running and no deep passing or too many timing routes. Things should expand a bit, I should think, over the coming weeks. Perhaps the weather was a function too. Gotta get the punting situation sorted out pronto. The D really clamped down when it had to and that’s encouraging. 

• Like 1